We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Schedule Control not updating in D&D

Hi, I'm trying to implement Drag and Drop functionality between a treeview and the schedule control. I'm able to update the Schedule Controls master list with a new appointment item, however the item isn't displayed in the Schedule Control.
I am able to use the Schedule control's appointment form and create appointments that are displayed on the Schedule control.
Also what i found was if there is an appointment on the Schedule control already displayed and I Drag and Drop an item onto the Schedule control, although its not displayed, I can get it to display by clicking the border of the already displayed appointment.
I was just wondering if there was something I'm not doing in relation to updating the Schedule Control with the new Appointment?
Thanks Shaun

schedule_control_d&d_545b61a2.zip

3 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team December 2, 2008 09:15 AM UTC

Hi Shaun,

Drag Drop from treeview to Schdule Control

There is no direct support exposed in the ScheduleControl for this type of behavior. But you can use the built-in Windows Forms Control Drag and Drop support to do this task.

The idea would be to subscribe to the Control D&D events on the embedded ScheduleGrid and catch the drop there in the DoDrop event. In this event, you would get the data object (a treenode?), and then somehow add what you want added to the schedule control. Attached is a little sample that adds new appointment on the dropped time slot, and sets the appointment.Subject to be the treenode text. It is a little tricky to locate the actual drop slot because of the possible different scheduleviewtypes, but it is doable. Here is a little sample.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/DnDToSchedule507827856.zip

Regards,
Jisha

SC Shaun Carroll December 8, 2008 11:37 PM UTC

Thanks for your help on this matter, it was of great use.

DF Dario Fraschini May 27, 2016 09:20 AM UTC

Hello, it would be great to download this example since I'm in a similar need, but I get a "not found" page when I try to download it.

Thanks
Dario.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon