We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Layout only a part of a model

I have build a diagram based on one of your samples where I can expand a node's relations by double clicking it. This works fine. Since the nodes are read from a database I cannot know the number and size of the nodes which are added so to handle the layout I am using a SymmetricLayoutManager.

The problem is that the layout is done on all nodes every time. This means that the diagram looks completely different for each time I expand a node.

What I would like to do is to keep all existing nodes in the same place as they were before I expanded a new node. Only the new nodes would be affected by the layout manager. Is this possible?

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2008 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Gustav,

The Layout Managers are used in case when we want the connected nodes in the diagram to be aligned and set to some position.

To Layout individual nodes that are not connected and are "New" can be done by calling the EventSink's NodeCollectionChanged Event and setting the new PinPoint for giving the "new" node a new position.

Let me know if this helps, Thanks!

Happy Coding!

-Ajeet

>I have build a diagram based on one of your samples where I can expand a node's relations by double clicking it. This works fine. Since the nodes are read from a database I cannot know the number and size of the nodes which are added so to handle the layout I am using a SymmetricLayoutManager.

The problem is that the layout is done on all nodes every time. This means that the diagram looks completely different for each time I expand a node.

What I would like to do is to keep all existing nodes in the same place as they were before I expanded a new node. Only the new nodes would be affected by the layout manager. Is this possible?

GR Gustav Ringbom December 2, 2008 08:33 AM UTC

No that is not exactly what I need.

It is not possible for me to pinpoint all nodes I add since there are too many. This is what I need the layout manager for. What I need is a way to use the layout manager for only a subset of the nodes and leave the other nodes intact.

This is how our system works. The user starts with a single node. The user can double click this node to view all related nodes which are read from a database. Here I use a layout manager to show the nodes in a nice way. The user can then expand any of the new nodes and continue this process to expand the diagram further. The problem is that the entire diagram is completely changed every time I update the diagram since the layout manager performs it work on the entire diagram. What I want to do is to continue to use the layout manager but only do the layout of the new nodes and leave the existing nodes unchanged. Is this possible in some way?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 4, 2008 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Gustav,

I have logged a Feature Request regarding this issue (F3694). I shall get back to you with details on the build availability on or before 29th December, 2008.

Happy Coding!

- Ajeet

AM Ajeet M Syncfusion Team December 31, 2008 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Gustav,

As per the official policy, we will not be able to post the details about feature or defect fix and custom build information in public forums. We have noticed that you have an account in Direct Trac and you can use it to create a new incident, to which we could provide you the fix for the feature requested.

Let me know if you shall need any further clarifications in this regard.

Regards,
Ajeet

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon