We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception adding group bar to Form/Control

I'm getting the exception below in my project when I attempt to add a GroupBar to a UserControl. Has this been reported yet? Ideas for a resolution?

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Failed to create component 'GroupBar'. The error message follows:

'System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.XPMenusProvider' to type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.IContextMenuProvider'.

at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MenuProviderFactory.CreateContextMenuProvider()

at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.GroupBar..ctor()'
OK

5 Replies

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team November 26, 2008 08:31 AM UTC

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your interest Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the reported issue, I have created a simple sample to test this issue which is available in the following link:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F78036_1/main.htm

Could you please provide us the information regarding Essential studio version in which the issue is reproduced, so that I could work in depth and provide you a better solution?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Hema

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 26, 2008 05:44 PM UTC

Please disregard my post. I had inadvertently pulled in Syncfusion components for the 2.0 framework even though my project targets the 3.5 framework. Once I resolved this issue I was able to create the GroupBar as expected.

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team December 8, 2008 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your update.

Regards,
Hema

SM Sergey Merkuriev January 14, 2010 05:37 PM UTC

I have same problem for all versions 6.4 and 7.4

RB Rajasekar B Syncfusion Team January 18, 2010 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Sergey,

It seems you have posted the same query in incident also. And the solution has been posted in that incident. Can you follow up that incident.

Thanks,
Rajasekar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon