We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Tabs/Panels Disappear at Random

Anyone know why my panels which are enabled for docking decide to disappear both from the DevEnv and my application. They'll be visible, then I'll close the form... reopen it for editing and they won't be visible anymore (literally visible, not the visible property). All properties appear to be set correctly. Is this a bug of some sort?

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 25, 2008 11:59 PM UTC

The only way to get them back is to disable them for docking and then re-enable them.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 26, 2008 12:17 AM UTC

Also... for some reason the visual style I see in the devEnv looks nothing like the visual style after the build. I don't know if this is a related problem or not.

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team November 26, 2008 12:42 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I tested the issue with our sample browser docking samples. I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue that you have mentioned. Could you please provide me a simple sample or a video clip that illustrates the issue and also the version that your are using and the system configuration details, so that I could work out in depth and provide you a better solution at the earliest?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 3, 2008 07:34 PM UTC

I'm using version 6.2.0.40.

I have a form with a menu, toolbar, statusbar, the docking manager, and 2 panels enabled for docking. It has MDI children as well.

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team December 4, 2008 12:50 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

It is hard to trace cause of the issue without seeing it in a live application since it is not reproduced from our side. We have searched our support database for any mention of this problem, and this forum was the only hit. This is a new one for us. Could you please send us a minimal sample that reproduces the issue, so that I could work out in depth and provide you a better solution?

Regards,
Fathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 5, 2008 10:29 PM UTC

I have more info:

Apparently the style is being changed when I call the .SetDockVisibility() Method.

Any ideas?

These panels are hidden by default on load.

The style is fine if I do not hide them by default.

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team December 8, 2008 11:52 AM UTC

Hi,

I have tested the issue with the simple sample created as like the scenario you have described previously. Still we are not able to reproduce the issue. Please refer to the attached sample in which I have tested the issue.

If I am missing could you please modify the above sample and let me know so that I could work out in depth and provide you a better solution at the earliest?

Regards,
Fathima

Tools_WF_DockingManagerMDIChild_F78034_b46e1be0.zip

EC Eric Carley December 24, 2008 01:42 AM UTC

I also have this problem and I also have had the luxury of several VM to test this problem out. The problem seems to be caused by the refresh of VS and when it is running in debug mode. This problem also seems to only occur with MDI applications.

Now, I have been able to reproduce this problem when I have other controls that are docked separately from the docking control. The biggest problem is being caused by the docking control firing AFTER the form load event, so you can get inconsistent behavior. In fact, I could never "reproduce" the problem consecutively, but I could experience the problem about 10% of the time during debug mode and 80% of the time while in the DEV environment.

My opinion is that the docking control offers some very cool features, but it has some design flaws which are compounded by how windows handles its display. I would recommend you copy your application over to another machine and see if you can get the exact same behavior with the same consistency. I would bet that you would not see the exact same behavior but either more or less.

I understand that Sync cannot fix something they cannot reproduce. But my guess is that the Sync tech support are not really trying to reproduce inside an active development environment with various combinations of active MDI.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with this problem.
-Eric

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team December 29, 2008 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Eric,

Could you please provide me some more information regarding the issue that would help me in great to analyse and solve the issue earlier?

1) Is the issue is reproduced with the sample provided in previous update? If the issue is reproduced, could you please let me know the exact scenario actually the issue is reproduced?

2) If the issue is reproduced only in your application, could you please provide me a screenshot or Videoclip that illustrates the exact issue?

3) Could you please provide me your system configuration details in which you have tested the issue?

4) Could you please let me know whether you are using docking persistance techniques?

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon