We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Virtual Grid - auto-size columns

We have a virtual grid that is used for scrolling over a large set of data. How can we make the columns auto-size themselves based on their caption?

6 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 24, 2008 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Joelr,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

For a virtual grid, you can achieve the column width based on the text length in cells through the ResizeToFit property.

void gridControl1_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Style.CellType == "TextBox")
this.gridControl1.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Col(e.ColIndex), GridResizeToFitOptions.NoShrinkSize);
}

Regards,
Rajadurai

SM Steven Mohnkern June 3, 2009 08:41 PM UTC

Is there a similar way to auto size the height of rows?

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team June 4, 2009 09:29 AM UTC

Hi Steve,

Please see the following code for code for auto size the height of rows.

this.gridListControl1.Grid.RowHeights.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Cells(1, 1, row, col));

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

SM Steven Mohnkern June 4, 2009 12:53 PM UTC

Does this work for GridGroupingControl as well?

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team June 5, 2009 08:40 AM UTC

Hi,

For gridgrouping control you could access the property using the TableModel. Please see the code:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.RowHeights.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table());

Regards,
Jisha

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team June 5, 2009 08:43 AM UTC

Hi,

For gridgrouping control you could access the property using the TableModel. Please see the code:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.RowHeights.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table());

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon