We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Bug with GridFindReplaceDialogSink?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

77930 Nov 21,2008 07:38 AM UTC Nov 27,2008 12:12 PM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: GridControl
Markus Persson
Asked On November 21, 2008 07:38 AM UTC

I have a GridControl and a column with lots of cells, one of these cells contains the string "BC01BF20" and another one contains the string "5511201".

When I use GridFindReplaceDialogSink to search for "20", I find "5511201", but not "BC01BF20".

I'm using Syncfusion 6.4.0.14 with Visual Studio 2005.

Nisha Arockiya A [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 25, 2008 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that i could not able to reproduce the issue un our sample.Please refer to it and let me know if i am doing anything wrong.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/gridFindDialog_ef28ef39.zip

Regards,
Nisha

Markus Persson
Replied On November 25, 2008 05:21 PM UTC

You are doing a different, and better, solution then what I did. Here's what I did.

Dim frOptions As GridFindTextOptions = GridFindTextOptions.WholeTable
Dim frEventArgs As GridFindReplaceEventArgs = New GridFindReplaceEventArgs(InputBox("Find what:"), "", frOptions, Nothing)
fr.Find(frEventArgs)

With your solution on using a GridFindReplaceDialog, I don't get the problem either that I originally wrote about. I have updated Syncfusion aswell to .15 instead of .14

However!

I have been poking your code and if you remove gridDataBoundGrid1 and everything associated to it. And change the code in button1_Click to use gridcontrol1 instead of griddatabound and try a search with the button, it doesn't work at all. Why? Ctrl+F works like a charm thou..

Nisha Arockiya A [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 27, 2008 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your updates.

Concerning your requirement I have modified the sample that uses GridFindReplaceDialogSink class for finding text in GridControl.Please refer to it.

Here is the sample.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/Development/GC_WF_GridFindReplaceDialog_77930.zip

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;