We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to obtain info about what nodes a link connect.

Hi, I downloaded evaluation to determine whether this is suitable for my purposes, in order to purchase.

What I want to do is:
When user drags and drops a link, and connects 2 nodes with it, it displays a pop-up message saying which nodes have been connected and in what direction.

1) Can I implement that?
2) How do I do it?

Thanks,
Ameel

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 17, 2008 01:28 PM UTC

Btw. I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Professional and latest Syncfusion release.

I tried the following:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/ConnectedSymbols/main.htm

It doesn't work
Error:
Error 1 The type or namespace name 'CirclePort' does not exist in the namespace 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Ameel\Desktop\_ConnectedSymbols\CustomSymbol\MySymbol.cs 35 43 CustomSymbol
Error 2 The type or namespace name 'CirclePort' does not exist in the namespace 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Ameel\Desktop\_ConnectedSymbols\CustomSymbol\MySymbol.cs 36 43 CustomSymbol
Error 3 The type or namespace name 'ConnectionCollectionEventArgs' does not exist in the namespace 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Ameel\Desktop\_ConnectedSymbols\CustomSymbol\Form1.cs 377 93 CustomSymbol

I also tried:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F57324/main.htm
But I get error:
Error 1 The type or namespace name 'CirclePort' does not exist in the namespace 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Ameel\Desktop\_CustomSymbol\CustomSymbol\MySymbol.cs 35 43 CustomSymbol
Error 2 The type or namespace name 'CirclePort' does not exist in the namespace 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Ameel\Desktop\_CustomSymbol\CustomSymbol\MySymbol.cs 36 43 CustomSymbol

So, what can i do?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 18, 2008 05:50 AM UTC

Hi Ameel,

The samples that you tried, didn't work as they were coded for the v4.4.0.51.

The v6.4.0.15 is the latest release version and I assume you are using this version of Syncfusion Essential Studio Products.

Now, regarding the information about what nodes connect when a link is made using line connector and in which direction, can be got as follows:

To get the nodes:
Head Node:
------
Node h_node = t_connector.ToNode as Node;
------

Tail Node:
------
Node t_node = t_connector.FromNode as Node;
------

To get the direction at which the connector connects to the Node, is got as follows:
Head Node:
---------
t_connector.HeadingHead.ToString()
---------

Tail Node:
---------
t_connector.HeadingTail.ToString()
---------

For your convenience I am attaching my sample file that will guide and demonstrate you how the detection of Nodes takes place.

Update me with you experiences and post your comments here for any other details required in this regard, Thanks!

- Ajeet [SYNCFUSION]

F77776_c167d7bf.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 18, 2008 06:55 AM UTC

I really appreciate the support. It's very fast and responsive.+10
I'll check out the sample attached later.

Thank you again,
Ameel

>Hi Ameel,

The v6.4.0.15 is the latest release version and I assume you are using this version of Syncfusion Essential Studio Products.

Now, regarding the information about what nodes connect when a link is made using line connector and in which direction, can be got as follows:

To get the nodes:
Head Node:
------
------

Tail Node:
------
------

To get the direction at which the connector connects to the Node, is got as follows:
Head Node:
---------
---------

Tail Node:
---------
---------

For your convenience I am attaching my sample file that will guide and demonstrate you how the detection of Nodes takes place.

Update me with you experiences and post your comments here for any other details required in this regard, Thanks!

- Ajeet [SYNCFUSION]

F77776_c167d7bf.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 18, 2008 07:19 AM UTC

Great. Exactly what I needed afterall.

Thanks for that.
Great support

>Hi Ameel,

To get the nodes:
Head Node:
------
------

Tail Node:
------
------

Head Node:
---------
---------

Tail Node:
---------
---------

- Ajeet [SYNCFUSION]

F77776_c167d7bf.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon