We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Designer is not opening after upgrading 6.402.0.15

After upgrading latest syncfusion version i.e. 6.402.0.15 from 5.1.1.47, I am unable to open designer, in that form I have my own controls and syncfusion controls.

while try to open following message is raising.

Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=5.102.1.47, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Thanks
-Kishan

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 17, 2008 07:11 AM UTC

>After upgrading latest syncfusion version i.e. 6.402.0.15 from 5.1.1.47, I am unable to open designer, in that form I have my own controls and syncfusion controls.

while try to open following message is raising.

Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=5.102.1.47, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Thanks
-Kishan

Hi Kishan,

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion products.

Whenever you upgrade to newer version, please remove the older version assemblies from GAC and public assemblies folders using assembly manager inorder to avoid the conflicts.

Please make sure whether you are left with any older version assemblies in GAC and public assemblies folders if so please remove it. Make sure you have only latest version assemblies in your machine.

Since you are using only 2.0 assemblies it is advisable if you can also remove the 3.5 version assemblies from GAC and public assemblies folders.

Then open your application and compile it.Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Ramani

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2008 03:23 AM UTC

Hi,

It is working now.

Thanks
-Kishan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 26, 2008 09:16 PM UTC

I have exact the same problem, except my previous version is 5.202.0.25. I followed the above methods and remove all version and installed only the 6.402.0.15, but I still got the same problem.

I can compile and run with no problem. The problem happens when I try to open a form or user control, let's called it A, inside A, there is another user control (let's called B) which has a GridControl in it.
When openning control B alone in designer, there is no such problem.

I changed all the reference to the version of 6.402.0.15.
What is the possible cause for this problem?

Thanks,

Happy Thanksgiving.

Q

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 26, 2008 09:59 PM UTC

I found the problem. for those who are interested, There is an older version of one of my project's dll file in the PublicAssemblies folder of VS. Not sure how it got there, and not sure why it is not updated after I upgrade syncfusion and recompiled. anyway, after mannually replacing it with a newer version, the problem solved.

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 17, 2008 11:32 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the details.

For any Syncfusion Essential Studio installation, Syncfusion assemblies are installed in the following locations.

${install_drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\${version_number}\precompiledassemblies - PrecompiledAssemblies folder.

${install_drive}:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies - MS Shared PublicAssemblies location.

${install_drive}:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - VS2005 PublicAssemblies folder.

${install_drive}:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - VS2008 PublicAssemblies folder.

${install_drive}:\Windows\assembly - GAC.

If you are facing any issues with configuring assemblies, you can use the AssemblyManager tool and do the following steps.

1. Select RemoveAll and do PerformAction. This will remove the Syncfusion assemblies present in the above folders and even from the ${install_drive}:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5 folder - if exists. This would make your machine clean from Syncfusion configuration.

2. Select the specific framework you want and also the specific mode you want to install the assemblies and do PerformAction. This would configure the machine with the new set of Syncfusion assemblies.

Note:
If you have copied the assemblies in any specific folders other than the above and referring them directly from that folder, AssemblyManager will not change the assemblies. You need to manually remove and add them assemblies to the reference folder.

By following the above procedures, you will be able to configure the newer version in your machine. Please let me know if you have further concerns.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon