We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Populating grid on demand

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

77715 Nov 13,2008 12:50 PM Nov 20,2008 03:51 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Grouping
Christian Rattat
Asked On November 13, 2008 12:50 PM

Hi,

I'm using GridGroupingControl 4.2 and I need to populate children of row on expand. The problem is that I don't know initially how many levels are in the hierarchy.

So what I need is:
1) initially fill the first level of rows (this is not a problem)
2) on expand of a row check whether there are children of the expanded row. if children exist add a new child table and populate it. This is a problem because I don't get the plus sign to expand when there are no children
3) for different rows the depths of hierarchy can be different, e.g. the first row might have 3 child tables while the second might have 10. The table structure for each sublevel is always the same.

Is there any way to achieve this? Do you have a sample for this?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Nirmal Raja [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 20, 2008 03:51 PM

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The child table can be loaded on demand if the child table is shown in the dropdown of the parent record.

Please refer the sample in the following link:
LoadOnDemand

Regards,
Nirmal

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;