We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid horizantal bar performance with column freezing

We are eveluating your essential grid and am testing it's frozen column/row feature with 200 rows and 15 columns. When I freeze a column grid having very bad performance to scroll horizantally (also some vertically).

Is this a known issue?

Please let me know.

Sincerely
John H. Godel

4 Replies

JH James Hargis November 13, 2008 04:35 PM UTC

This is absolutely a known issue with scrolling and IE 7. They issued a patch today, and I've applied it, but I still don't see an improvement in performance at all. Have you tried the Nov.13 patch? And did it improve performance for you? We're desperately searching for answers.

Thanks,
James

>We are eveluating your essential grid and am testing it's frozen column/row feature with 200 rows and 15 columns. When I freeze a column grid having very bad performance to scroll horizantally (also some vertically).

Is this a known issue?

Please let me know.

Sincerely
John H. Godel

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team November 14, 2008 06:46 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Please refer the sample from the below link, with patch assemblies:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.4.0.15/Grid_Web_TableScroller/main.htm

Please check the above sample, it is clearly illustrating you that the TableScroller issue with IE 7.0 has been fixed with the patch given to you on Nov 13th.

Regards,
Raji

MT Mar Taloma December 15, 2008 06:38 PM UTC

ive just bought the latest version 6.4.0.15 and when i test the frozen column feature with a resultset of 47 columns, the horizontal scrolling is not smooth and the grouping area and the line below it that syas:

DefaultView: 2157 Items ( Showing 1 to 6 )

gets cut off. this seems to only happen with IE, im using IE7. when i test it with Firefox, the horizontal scrolling is as expected.

below is my query using Northwind if you are so inclined to test:

select a.customerid, d.companyname, d.contactname, d.contacttitle, d.phone, d.fax, a.orderid, a.orderdate, a.shipname, a.shipaddress, a.shipcity, a.shippostalcode,
c.categoryid, e.categoryname, e.description, c.productid, c.productname, c.quantityperunit,
c.unitsinstock, c.unitsonorder, b.unitprice, b.quantity, b.discount,
b.unitprice + 24 as unitpricex24, b.quantity + 25 as quantityx25, b.discount + 26 as discountx26,
b.unitprice + 27 as unitpricex27, b.quantity + 28 as quantityx28, b.discount + 29 as discountx29,
b.unitprice + 30 as unitpricex30, b.quantity + 31 as quantityx31, b.discount + 32 as discountx32,
b.unitprice + 33 as unitpricex33, b.quantity + 34 as quantityx34, b.discount + 35 as discountx35,
b.unitprice + 36 as unitpricex36, b.quantity + 37 as quantityx37, b.discount + 38 as discountx38,
b.unitprice + 39 as unitpricex39, b.quantity + 40 as quantityx40, b.discount + 41 as discountx41,
b.unitprice + 42 as unitpricex42, b.quantity + 43 as quantityx43, b.discount + 44 as discountx44,
b.unitprice + 45 as unitpricex45, b.quantity + 46 as quantityx46, b.discount + 47 as discountx47
from orders a left join [order details] b on a.orderid = b.orderid

before you ask, the reason why i need even more that 47 columns is because i am trying to present financial data (monthly) that spans many years...

thanks.

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team December 19, 2008 11:13 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

Please try the following properties for tuning the performance high with TableScroller:

this.GridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowHover = false;
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Shared.SelectionMode.None;
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ShowRowHeader = false;

Please try the above, If still the issue exists, Could you please create a new DirectTrac incident to get more information on this?

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon