We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

issue with GridGroupingControl having mulitple templates with in same column of grid

Hi,

i am using GridGroupingControl and vs.net 2008.
i have requirement to add a new row to GridGroupingControl upon clicking a button (which is outside the grid).
Kindly see the attachement.
upon cliking the button outside the grid
following things should happen
1. new row should be added to grid (to be added to the grid as last row )
2. new row's first column should have dropdown with some values.
3. upon selecting different values in dropdown , the second column content should be filled (i.e., i should capture the dropdown_SelectedIndexChanged event) and fill the corresponding second column.
4. the issue is as all the other top rows are using simple label (literal inside item template for display), only this last row should use dropdown for display.As templates are used across all the rows, is it possible to have different templates for one row and another template for another row.

i was trying to use a inside the itemtemplate and add and remove label and dropdown to placeholder as per requirement but iam not able to get the right result. kindly provide me sample code to achieve the same

Issue_9e405957.zip

1 Reply

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team November 14, 2008 10:50 AM UTC

Hi HanumanReddy,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion products.

As per your requirement the new row should only have the dropdown cell, when we use Templates it will be applied for the whole column, and not for a cell. But using CellType from GridStyleInfo we can make a particular cell as a ComboBox cell, but the cell type will be applied to the Grid, only when it is in Edit mode.

Please refer the sample from the below link, which illustrates this:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.4.0.15/Grid_Web_AddRow/main.htm

Please refer the video clip from the below link, illustrates the process clearly.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/newrow2081915231.zip

Please have a look at this and let us know if this helps you out.

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon