We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Version Confiliction

Hi,
I am currently using 6.3.1.8(evaluating version)but i am getting this error when i am trying to open a particular form in design mode.The application is not getting build so application is not working. please any idea about this let me know.

BuildError_1209defd.zip

3 Replies

SS sattar shaikh November 4, 2008 12:34 PM UTC

Please any suggestions
>Hi,
I am currently using 6.3.1.8(evaluating version)but i am getting this error when i am trying to open a particular form in design mode.The application is not getting build so application is not working. please any idea about this let me know.

BuildError_1209defd.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 4, 2008 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Sattar,

This error occurs only when you try to add reference to assemblies of version that are not matching the reference to the assemblies that the controls were created in.

In your case, the original form was developed using v6.3.0.30 controls; but the reference provided in the project is different to the version.

Thus, replace the GAC with assemblies of v6.3.0.30 and you must be able to modify the form.

Regards,
Ajeet

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team November 5, 2008 11:15 PM UTC

Hi Sattar,

Looks like the version number is hardcoded into the rex files. Could you please convert the resx file to the current version using the ConvertResx utility provided by us?

The utility is available in the following path.

C:\Program Files\syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.3.1.8\Utilities\Migration\2.0\ConvertResX.exe (for 2.0 Framework)
C:\Program Files\syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.3.1.8\Utilities\Migration\3.5\ConvertResX.exe (for 3.5 Framework)

You need to select your application resx files through "Choose Resx files to convert" and click "Start converting files" to change the version number.

Please let me know if you still see the problem.

Thanks,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon