We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Easy way to upgrade?

Hi,

I have a VS solution that contains around 30 projects, most of them using Essential Studio 5.x. I want to upgrade to version 6.x without having to update each dll reference manually. Is there a tool to do that?

Thanks.
Sergei

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 5, 2008 06:31 AM UTC

>Hi,

I have a VS solution that contains around 30 projects, most of them using Essential Studio 5.x. I want to upgrade to version 6.x without having to update each dll reference manually. Is there a tool to do that?

Thanks.
Sergei

Hi Sergei,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion products.

You have not mentioned whether you have used 2.0 0r 3.5 assemblies in your application.

Steps to follow for upgrade:

1. Open assembly manager then choose remove all option this will uninstall all the assemblies from GAC and public assemblies folder.

2. Please manually check for any assemblies in GAC and public assemblies folders, if found any please remove it.

3. Then install the version you would like to upgrade.

4. If you are using 2.0 assemblies in your application then remove the 3.5 assemblies from GAC and public assemblies folders which may result in conflict.

5. If you are using 3.5 assemblies in your application then remove 2.0 assemblies from GAC and public assemblies folders.

6. Open your application and see the reference pointing to the newer version.

7. Compile and run the application.

GAC: C:\windows\assembly
Publicassemblies folders:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Ramani

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon