We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Groupbar child item remains selected

Good Morning. How can i unselect a previously selected groupbar item through client side JavaScript code? Or, how can I allow the parent items to be selectable?

Here is the issue:
1. Click on a groupbar parent item to expand it.
2. Click on a groupbar child item to select it.
3. Click on the groupbar parent item again, the child item remains selected.

Each item in my groupbar, both parent and child, causes a frame to change source in a MultiPage control. So, when a user clicks a parent item, I want it to appear that the parent item selected is the active selection, not the previously selected child item. I'm handling the selection change client side, and I can find no way to unselect the previously item.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

4 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team October 24, 2008 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Todd,

Good Morning and thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Please refer the below link for sample files which illustrate your requirements,
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/F77286-Groupbar.zip

Please let me know if this sample helps you.

Thanks,
Rekha

TD Todd Dill October 24, 2008 02:52 PM UTC

Thank you so much for the sample code. It isn't exactly what I need, however. In my setup, I need ExpandSingleGroup="True", because I want the users to see the child nodes from only 1 group at a time, and 1 group must always be expanded. In that setup, if you have the top group expanded, and you click on a child group bar item, the child item gets highlighted as it should. Then, if the user clicks on the parent item, I'd like for the previously selected child item to be be unselected. Even with ExpandSingleGroup="false", the previously selected child item remains selected, the only difference is the group collapses. Any way to unselect a child item when the parent item is clicked?

Thanks so much for your help.

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team October 30, 2008 04:11 AM UTC

Hi Todd,

Thank you for being patient.

Please refer the below link for modified online sample which illustrates of unselecting a child item when the parent item is clicked and the sample files can be downloaded from 'Download source',
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.4.0.15/F77286-Groupbar/main.htm

Thanks,
Rekha

TD Todd Dill October 30, 2008 05:58 PM UTC

Excellent! That will do it. Thanks so much for all your help!

>Hi Todd,

Thank you for being patient.

Please refer the below link for modified online sample which illustrates of unselecting a child item when the parent item is clicked and the sample files can be downloaded from 'Download source',
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.4.0.15/F77286-Groupbar/main.htm

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon