We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GCC TableDescriptor properties return to default values ver. 6.4.0.14

Hi,

I'm using your GridGroupingControl to display a DataTable I populate using our database. I've set the AllowNew and AllowRemove properties from it's TableDescriptor to false as I do not wish the user to add or remove rows from the grid.

It is quite often that the user will trigger an action that requires the DataTable to be updated and re-shown in the GGC. When this occurs, we programmatically set the GGC's DataSource property to null, retrieve the new DataTable and apply it to the GGC's DataSource.

Here's the problem. When setting the GGC's DataSource property to null, it's TableDescriptor objects seems to restore all it's property values back to their default values. Most importantly, the AllowNew and AllowDelete properties return back to true! Now I'm forced to reset these values back to false every time this occurs.

So, is this expected behavior when setting the GGC's DataSource to null? If so, why? If not then I believe we have a bug on your hands.

Thanks in advance,
Brian Schlatter

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 21, 2008 08:30 PM UTC

Hi Brian,
If you don't want the TableDescriptor to be reset when the DataSource is set to null, please set this property GridGroupingControl.AllowResetTableDescriptorWhenDataSourceSetNull to false.

this.gridGroupingControl1.AllowResetTableDescriptorWhenDataSourceSetNull = false;

Regards,
Jay

BS Brian Schlatter October 21, 2008 10:35 PM UTC

Oh man, cool. Thanks Jay!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon