We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Default value in a combo box grid cell

hi,
i have a control Grid with Combo Box cells.
the combo Boxes be filled from a Query.
How Can i Define the first item of Drop Down List as a default value for combo Box column?

3 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team October 23, 2008 05:33 AM UTC

Hi,

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion Products.

This can be achieved by handling the TableControlCurrentCellInitializeControlText method of GridGroupingControl. Please refer the code:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControlCurrentCellInitializeControlText += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlCurrentCellInitializeControlTextEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellInitializeControlText);

void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellInitializeControlText(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlCurrentCellInitializeControlTextEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Inner.ColIndex == 3)
e.Inner.ControlText = sc[0];
}

Please refer the sample in the link to illustrate this:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/Grid_WF_GCComBoBoxInitial/main.htm

Kindly try this and let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Jisha

SB solmaz Bahramian October 26, 2008 09:29 AM UTC

Thanks but I Used GridControl and it doesn't have this event :TableControlCurrentCellInitializeControlText
so what should i do ? please help me.

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team October 29, 2008 12:22 PM UTC

Hi,

Please use the CurrentCellInitializeControlText event of GridControl.
Please refer the code:

this.gridControl1.CurrentCellInitializeControlText += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCellInitializeControlTextEventHandler(gridControl1_CurrentCellInitializeControlText);

void gridControl1_CurrentCellInitializeControlText(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCellInitializeControlTextEventArgs e)
{

}

Let me know if this helps.

Regards.
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon