We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Maxumum number of points per serie

Hi all,

I'am evaluating the usage of Essential WPF chart control for my company's purposes and I'am trying to feed a chart control with data series containing thousands of points. Performance dramatically decreases when I use more than 1500/2000 points in the same serie. The current version of our software easily manages a per-second serie of meteorological values on a dayly basis (i.e. 86400 values for each of the meteorological values that we need to display for ex. temperature, pressure, wind speed ...) I feed the control as explained in the examples using a List object and a simple binding but performance is not acceptable even if I limit the number of values at one per minute (i.e. 1440 values).
So the question is: I'm missing something? Is there anything like a batch mode to prepare the chart and then display it?
Thank in advance for your answer and forgive my poor english.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2008 02:29 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion products.

Following options can be done for having a better performance with chart.

1. Use BeginUpdate and EndUpdate method of ChartSeries before and after the data points are added. This is very effective when bulk inserts are made to the collection.

2. Data virtualization can be done. If you are having a live chart, values that are not required can be removed from the collection. Please refer to the sample in the following location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/development/uploads/CS_21061d98.zip

Please let me know if it works.

Regards,
Athaur Rahman GS

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2008 02:39 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly refer to the sample in the following location.

http://www2.syncfusion.com/WPF/cs.zip

Regards,
Athaur Rahman GS

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon