We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ValidateChildren with TabControlAdv

Hello,

I am using a TabControlAdv that has multiple tab pages. Some of the controls in the tab page are handling the Validated event. In my form, when the user clicks OK, I call the ValidateChildren() method (to detect errors), which should initiate the validated event on all of its child objects. However, it doesn't seem to be firing the the event on controls that are within the TabPageAdv's.

Thanks

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 13, 2008 01:09 PM UTC

Just as a follow up, I tried iterating through all of the tab pages in the tab control adv and running the TabControlAdv.ValidateSelectedIndex, but that did not call the Validating event on of all the contained controls. Anyways, I don't like that solution because it will cause my screen to flicker between all of the tab pages.

Thanks

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team October 14, 2008 06:35 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We can trigger the Validation events for the controls inside TabControlAdv by setting the TabControlAdv's CausesValidation property to false. Please refer to the following link for more details:

http://bytes.com/forum/thread595454.html

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon