We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TabControlExt visual styles

I am having some trouble finding documentation for setting the visual style of the tabcontrolext. I was wanting to use the office 2007 blue style.

2 Replies

CY Chad Young October 9, 2008 03:13 PM UTC

use the following property in your xaml.

sfshared:SkinStorage.VisualStyle="Office2007Blue"

I have a property on the window for the visual style and then bind controls to that property including the window itself. Then you only have to change the style once and all your elements change.

In that case I have the these properties on the elemtns I want to affect:

1.) DataContext="{Binding Path=VisualStyle, ElementName=mainRibbonWindow, Mode=OneWay}"

2.) shared:SkinStorage.VisualStyle="{Binding}"

You'll have to implement the INotifiyPropertyChanged handlers if you want to change it dynamically.

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team October 10, 2008 09:45 AM UTC

Hi Devon,

We really thank Chad Young for sharing his knowledge with us.

Let us explain clearly about SkinStorage logic. If you set SkinStorage for specific control, skin will be applied automatically for all its children elements. For example, If you set SkinStorage for a WindowElement(That is the root element of your application), you do not want to set SkinStorage explicitly for internal elements of the Window. Because. WPF resource lookup logic will take from its parent element. If you do not want to apply the parent element's visual style for its child element, you should set SkinStorage visual style explicitly for your child element. For instance you can set the skin Storage as Office2007 Blue as,

using XAML

Using C# Code:

SkinStorage.SetVisualStyle(TabControlExt1, "Office2007Blue");

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Bala.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon