We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Hiding and showing the row

Hello Support,
How to hide, show a row in gridcontrol which is used in windows form, also how to check wether the row is visible or not.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

SR SubhaSheela R Syncfusion Team September 29, 2008 05:35 AM UTC

Hi Rajratna,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please refer to the below forum thread that discusses about the required behavior.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=61372

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 29, 2008 10:24 AM UTC

Hello Support,
It will help me a lot if u provide me some sample code for how to show/hide rows in GridControl not in GridGroupingControl. Actually, the problem is i m having near about 3000 rows in my grid, when i try to show all the rows in grid as follows

for I as intege =1 to gridcontrol1.RowCount-1
gridcontrol1.Rows.Hidden(Index) = False
Next

it takes lots of time..
m i doing something wrong ? m new to this so please help me.. It will help me a lot if u provide some sample code

SR SubhaSheela R Syncfusion Team September 30, 2008 07:33 AM UTC

Hi Rajratna,

Thanks for your update.

You can take a look at the VirtTreeGrid sample, as this uses the sample technique to dynamically show/hide blocks of rows. The idea is to have an array list of visible rowindexes, and then use this array list virtually to display the visible rows.

Maybe something like this would be better than to actually hide large blocks of rows. The hiding of rows with Rows.Hidden is mainly intended for a few rows scattered throughout the grid. It is not intended for large numbers of hidden rows. The virtual technique works better in this case.

Here is the path:

\\MyDocuments\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.3.0.25\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\VirtualGrid\VirtTreeGrid

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon