We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ValueChanged on DateTimePickerAdv not firing

Hi -
I cannot get the valuechanged event of the datetimepickeradv to fire in the following circumstances:
1. User changes the date in the control using the keyboard (not an arrow key, but an actual number). For example, changing the day from 22 to 23.
2. User selects a toolstrip button on a ToolstripEx control.

If you read the value of the control in the button click event you get the old value and the ValueChanged event never fires.

Please see the attached sample app demonstrating the problem and let me know how i can get this to work.

Thanks,
Julie

TestValueChanged_2e56c71c.zip

8 Replies

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team September 23, 2008 08:54 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion Products.

We suspect the issue "ValueChanged event does not fire in DateTimePickerAdv when value changed by keyboard " to be a defect and we have forwarded this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you in two business days with more details.

Regards,
Hema

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team September 23, 2008 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion Products.

We suspect the issue "ValueChanged event does not fire in DateTimePickerAdv when value changed by keyboard " to be a defect and we have forwarded this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you in two business days with more details.

Regards,
Hema

JL Julie Levy September 29, 2008 05:10 PM UTC

Hi -
thanks for your response. Any update? Even if this is defect, we really need some sort of work around until a fix could come out and we can plan an upgrade.
Thanks,
Julie

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team September 30, 2008 04:59 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Sorry for the delay response.

Currently our developers are working on fixing this issue with high priority. The fix for the defect is expected to be available on October 10th, 2008 and will get back to you on the same day with more details.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Hema

JL Julie Levy September 30, 2008 08:28 PM UTC

Hi -
Thanks for your response. We will not be able to upgrade any time soon. Is there any known work around for this problem? Any way to catch the changed value?
Thanks,
Julie

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team October 3, 2008 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Thank you for the update.

Currently we don't have a work around for this issue.

Regards,
Hema

JL Julie Levy October 7, 2008 05:25 PM UTC

Hi -
thanks for your response. Is there any method we can call to force the control to refresh or a way for us to read the actual value in the textbox?
We are on version 5.2.0.25 and this is a bad problem for us.
Julie

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team October 16, 2008 08:18 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Our apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this issue.

It is not possible to provide workaround for us, so we have raised the priority of fixing this issue to maximum. We will try to fix this issue as soon and provide you a patch in 5.2.0.25 version.

Regards,
Hema

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon