We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PDF Version Compatibility

I tested pdf Export with Version 6.3.0.30 of pdf component and found that it produces Version 1.4 PDF
However version 6.3.1.8 of the Pdf component produces 1.5 PDF Is there a setting where i can specify which pdf Version should be produced. Or did you decide that in 6.3.1.8 you only support PDF Version 1.5 ( Adobe Reader 6 and greater)

3 Replies

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team September 22, 2008 08:30 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Changing PDF version

In version 6.1.3.8, we have hardcoded the PDF version as 1.5 by default. We can change the version number for the PDF document with the help of the Version property of the FileStructure class.

Kindly use the below code to change the version number,
//Changing PDF version as 1.4
doc.FileStructure.CrossReferenceType = PdfCrossReferenceType.CrossReferenceTable;
doc.FileStructure.Version = PdfVersion.Version1_4;

Please do find the sample from the below specified location and let me know if this helps,
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/Pdf_Window_76711_7ee5e792.zip

Regards,
Suba

TH Thomas September 22, 2008 02:11 PM UTC

Thank you it works.

Thomas Stocker

P.S.: you have one of the best user forum support, of all Component Vendors I know.

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team September 24, 2008 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your great appreciation.

Glad to know the issue is resolved. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Suba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon