We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

get per cell''s value as string however

hi,
i want to reading all the sheet's data to a datatable via ExportDataTable method,but it seem automaticly to detect the datatype of the sheet's column.but sometimes the exception occured,so i can't read the content from this sheet.if there is a way to reading the data to datatable but every cell's value represents as string?need your help.

Regards,
xieyun

5 Replies

XI xieyun September 18, 2008 03:00 AM UTC

I had set work sheet's property:xlsWorkbook.Worksheets[i].IsStringsPreserved = true;
but got the same nullrefrenceexception when i want to getproperty or alll the method ExportDataTable(xlsWorkbook.Worksheets[i].UsedRange, ExcelExportDataTableOptions.ComputedFormulaValues).at least 50 excel files met this.

Regards,
xieyun

XI xieyun September 18, 2008 03:27 AM UTC

Now i copied those file to Data directory and import with the sample "$SamplesInstallationDirectory\EssentialStudio\6.3.1.8\Windows\XlsIO.Windows\Samples\2.0\Data Binding\ImportExportDataTable\CS\ImportExportDataTable_2005.sln" project,but i got the same exception.
:( i'm waitting for this to dealing with my excel files.because this product excellent at the processing speed both read and write.
the only problem i used many means with it,but it seems no use.If i modified some content it'll be pass,but so many files has the same problem.

Regards,
xieyun

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 18, 2008 10:33 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I have created a simple sample that exports Excel to Datatable by using one of the file you sent to us. But I am not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please try running the sample at you end?

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/F76578/main.htm

If you still face any issues, could you please send us a sample Excel file along code snippet?

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Geetha

XI xieyun September 18, 2008 11:31 AM UTC

hello,Geetha
the project i sent on my incident,please check,thx whatever.

Regards,
xieyun

>Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I have created a simple sample that exports Excel to Datatable by using one of the file you sent to us. But I am not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please try running the sample at you end?

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/F76578/main.htm

If you still face any issues, could you please send us a sample Excel file along code snippet?

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Geetha

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team September 19, 2008 12:13 PM UTC

Hi,

Could you please followup with the direct trac incident you created on this regard?

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon