We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

date ranges with no data in the Essential charts

Hi,

I have 4 series in a chart with date-time on x-axis and prices on y-axis.

My problem is that I have data for date-time 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, then no data till next day's 7:00 am.

In the chart, if I plot 2 or more days, the chart gives me a long straight line for the date-time 5:00 pm to 7:00 am between each day.

Can I tell the chart to omit these time ranges with no data available?

In Excel, it is taken care of.

7 Replies

FM Faisal Memon September 12, 2008 06:43 PM UTC

any feedback on this issue, please?

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team September 14, 2008 05:58 PM UTC

Hi Faisal,

We regret very much for the delayed response.

It is possible to disallow rendering of line at certain point by specifying the IsEmpty property of the Point to true.

Example:

series.Points[7].IsEmpty = true;

I have attached a sample that illustrates the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F76558/Sample1.htm

Kindly let us know if this meets your requirements. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

FM Faisal Memon September 15, 2008 02:48 PM UTC

Hi Manohari,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.
However, it doesn't solve my problem. I would like to omit the range on x-axis (datetime) for which I don't have any data.

So, let's say I have this data range,

1) Thursday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
2) Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
3) Saturday (no data)
4) Sunday (no data)
5) Monday 7:00 am - 11:00 am

Now, in my chart I want to see the data from Thursday to Monday. with no chart line/space shown for the time-period that I don't have any data.
So, in this case, the x-axis will not show ticks for the interval 5:00 pm to 7:00 am on Thursday/Friday... no ticks for Saturday/Sunday...

So the chart is continuous without ugly gaps (with or without a line)...

Can we manipulate the x-axis range to get this?

This functionality is already available in excel, I think.

Thanks & regards,
Faisal Memon

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team September 16, 2008 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for the additional information and sorry for misunderstanding your requirement.

We regret to inform you that currently we do not have support for hiding the ChartSeries without any gap between points. However we have created a Feature request in this regard and have forwarded it to our Development Team. We will get back to you regarding the timeline for implementing this feature with in a week.

Kindly let us know if you need any other information. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

TA Thomas Abele May 23, 2012 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Manohari,

is this feature in the meanwhile implemented?

Thanks & Regards,
Thomas

BR Brijesh December 10, 2022 02:07 PM UTC

Hi Manohari,

Is this feature is implemented now as it is more than 12 Years now? 

I am having the same problem to show Candle chart for multiple days where daily from 09:30 am to 03:30pm dat will only exist.

Please let me know if this feature is already implemented.

Regards,

Brijesh

MD Moneeshram Dhanabal Syncfusion Team December 13, 2022 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Brijesh,

To remove the gap on Date time axis, we can only achieve it by enabling the Indexed property of chart control as true. And since we have frozen the development of WinForms controls, we can’t implement this feature.

But you can improve the performance by setting the DrawGrid property of chart axis to false so that the time to draw the grid for each data label is reduced, thus increasing the performance.

Since the same query is reported in another forum, please follow-up on this new forum #179366 for further updates. Hence, we are marking this ticket as closed.

Regards,

Moneeshram

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon