We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Child table grouping

Hi,

I have binded my GGC to Parent child relation table. My Child table columns are again being grouped.Now, when I expand / Collapse my child grouping column, I need to find out the parent table record which holds this child table.

Can you help me on this..

Thanks

4 Replies

SR SubhaSheela R Syncfusion Team September 5, 2008 05:02 AM UTC

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your interest in syncfusion products.

You can access the parent record of the nested table by getting the table's current element. Then cast this element to the GridNestedTable. You can now access the parent table for the current element. Please refer to the below KB article for more details.

Here is the KB article link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=302

Kindly let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

AT Ankit Thakkar September 5, 2008 11:35 AM UTC

Hi,

It worked. Thanks for your help.
Now, I have got into a strange problem which I could not able to fix.

In my Form, I have two GGCs.Both GGCs are binded to the same datasource which is a parent child relation table. As I mentioned in my below mail, my child table has some grouped columns which when I expand / Collapse, I need to expand / Collapse, the same grouped column under the same parent record in my second grid (GGC).
I can able to achieve this. but when I expand my Grouped column in my First GGC, the Grouped Column in my second GGC is expanding alright, but when I immediately click on any of the records in my second GGC, the grouped column in my first GGC is collapsing automatically.

Hope I have explained the issue clearly, Can you give me resolution for this..

Thanks

>
Hi Ankit,

You can access the parent record of the nested table by getting the table's current element. Then cast this element to the GridNestedTable. You can now access the parent table for the current element. Please refer to the below KB article for more details.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

AT Ankit Thakkar September 7, 2008 02:06 PM UTC

Any Udates on this.
I need to fix this immediately..
Many thanks in Advance.

>Hi,

It worked. Thanks for your help.
Now, I have got into a strange problem which I could not able to fix.

In my Form, I have two GGCs.Both GGCs are binded to the same datasource which is a parent child relation table. As I mentioned in my below mail, my child table has some grouped columns which when I expand / Collapse, I need to expand / Collapse, the same grouped column under the same parent record in my second grid (GGC).
I can able to achieve this. but when I expand my Grouped column in my First GGC, the Grouped Column in my second GGC is expanding alright, but when I immediately click on any of the records in my second GGC, the grouped column in my first GGC is collapsing automatically.

Hope I have explained the issue clearly, Can you give me resolution for this..

Thanks

>
Hi Ankit,

Regards,
Subhasheela R

SR SubhaSheela R Syncfusion Team September 11, 2008 05:07 AM UTC

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your update.

Your incident 49510 has been updated and you can followup that.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon