We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Summary row valus is not giving Correct value

I am trying to put a summary row on one of my grid columns.
Column type is boolean. So ideally my summary row should display the count of check boxes which are ticked, When I tick the check box, the count is getting increased by one but when I uncheck it, the count is not decreasing but shows the same value.

Below is my code. pls let me klnow if I am doing anything wrong.

GridSummaryColumnDescriptor SG1 = new GridSummaryColumnDescriptor("True", SummaryType.BooleanAggregate, "WayStoreGrade1_Catalogued", "{Count}");

thanks..

3 Replies

SR SubhaSheela R Syncfusion Team September 5, 2008 05:57 AM UTC

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your intetest in Syncfusion products.

You can handle TableControlCurrentCellMoved event and call EndEdit of the GridGroupingControl.

Here is the code:

void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellMoved(object sender, GridTableControlCurrentCellMovedEventArgs e)
{
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.EndEdit();
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.TableDirty = true;
}

Here is the sample that illustrates the same:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/GGC_Custom_Summary_e5f93008_1f4bf171.zip

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

AT Ankit Thakkar September 7, 2008 02:04 PM UTC

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
This is working for summaries in the Parent table. However, I am having summaries in my Child table. Somehow this code is not working for Child table summaries. I could see that summary values are getting refreshed only after leaving the cell and that too it is not getting refreshed when I click on other cell in the same row.
The value is getting refreshed only when I click on some other row. Is there any way to fix this..

Thanks..

>Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your intetest in Syncfusion products.

You can handle TableControlCurrentCellMoved event and call EndEdit of the GridGroupingControl.

Here is the code:

void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellMoved(object sender, GridTableControlCurrentCellMovedEventArgs e)
{
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.EndEdit();
}

Here is the sample that illustrates the same:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/GGC_Custom_Summary_e5f93008_1f4bf171.zip

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team September 20, 2008 10:47 AM UTC

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The cell value gets update to the underlying datasource only when you move to a cell in the another row, not when focus move to a cell in the same row. Please try this code to update the summary values of the Parent and Child Table when focus moves to a another cell in the same row after making changes.

{
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.SummariesDirty = true;
this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTable("ChildTable").SummariesDirty = true;
this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTable("ChildTable").TableDirty = true;
}

Best Regards,
Srirajan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon