We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception quering CellType of GridBoundColumn

I have a fairly complex class hierarchy preparing column styles for my grid, and essentially end-up doing following (across multiple classes) //parent class prepares an array of gridcolumns GridBoundColumn gbc = new GridBoundColumn(); gbc.CellType = "ComboBox"; .... //a child class wants to make this column read-only if (gbc.CellType != "CheckBox") { gbc.CellType = "Static"; //and other style changes } This all happens before gbc ever gets assigned to any grid. Unfortunately reading CellType (inside that if statement) results in an exception, apparently trying to inherit style settings from a non-existent model. Could this behavior perhaps be changed so when no model is yet know, style just returns its own value? Gene Gorokhovsky GridDataBoundGrid 1.6.1.6

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2003 05:39 PM UTC

I will look into this. That's how it should normally be implemented that it won't try to locate a model if the style is not assigned to a model yet. You say that happens with any GridBoundColumn as long as it is not assigned to a GridBoundColumns Collection. Correct? If that is the issue a workaround in the meantime would be to check style.HasCellType before accessing style.CellType. Stefan

GG Gene Gorokhovsky October 3, 2003 05:46 PM UTC

>You say that happens with any GridBoundColumn as long as it is not assigned to a GridBoundColumns Collection. Correct? > Yes. The suggested workaround does not help -- HasCellType returns true, and the damn thing still bombs.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2003 06:04 PM UTC

Ok, just tell me how to modify one of our samples to reproduce the problem. This helps me be sure I didn't misunderstand your setup. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon