We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Applying a ColorTheme Globally to Forms and Controls

Hi All,

I apologize in advance if there is a painfully obvious way to do this, but looking through the documentation I cannot find a way to set the ColorScheme for all my Office2007Form derived forms globally. Same goes for the controls that support the Office2007ColorScheme. Since I can set these values to "Managed", I assume there is a way to define what Managed corresponds to (Silver, Black, or Blue).

My best guess so far is to set the color scheme properties on my forms and controls to Managed and then set this property on application startup:

Office2007Colors.DefaultTheme = Office2007Theme.Black;

But this just manages to do some weird things to the ButtonAdv when a mouse hover occurs.

Do I need to set the color scheme for each control and each form separately?

--Jonathan

1 Reply

HK Hemaladha K Syncfusion Team September 9, 2008 05:18 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

ButtonAdv's Office2007ColorScheme is not getting changed when the relevant Office2007 Form's Color theme is changed, currently we don’t provide support for this feature in our code library. We have a logged feature request on this regard and will update you once the feature is implemented. But we have a workaround for your requirement, when changing the color scheme of the ButtonAdv, we need to change the Office2007ColorScheme explicitly.

Office 2007 Controls has full designer support, because all the items like Ribbons, TabItems, MenuButtonDropDown, TabGroups, Galleries can be added through designer and it supports all ColorSchemes of Office 2007 (Blue, Silver, Black and Managed).
Syncfusion Controls have complete theme support by enabling themes for the controls, which is based on Windows desktop themes. But we have VisualStyles like VS 2003, VS 2005, Office 2003 styles also.

Please refer to the attached document that expalins the different colorschemes applied for Syncfusion controls.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/Documents/Document_ColorScheme.zip

Please refer to the simple sample as per your requirement and let me know if this helps you.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F76360/main.htm

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Hema

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon