We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Erratic Performance of Progress Bar

I am working on an asp.net app that utilizes a Syncfusion ProgressBar control. The "long-running procedure" behind the progress bar is a series of 40 command statements against an Oracle database. Of these, 38 are straight insert/update/delete statements. The remaining 2 are While loops that one line at a time from a text file, parse it and writes it to the database. These loops are located approximately 1/3rd and 2/3rds of the way through the sequence of commands. The Me.Progress variable is updated by 2 after each regular statement and 12 on conclusion of each loop.

My problem is that once the routine is started, the bar does not update until after the 5 statement (10%) which is the beginning of the first While loop. From that point forward, it increments as it should. I have tried various frequency setting with no change.

Any idea what might be causeing the bar to not increment on the first 5 statements?

Thanks, Dave

4 Replies

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team September 4, 2008 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Could you please share your sample files so that we can look into it and suggest a solution quickly.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2008 06:40 PM UTC

Hi, Rekha

I have attached a text file containing a sample of the code in the "long-running routine".

Thanks for any help you might offer.

Dave

>Hi Dave,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Could you please share your sample files so that we can look into it and suggest a solution quickly.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

Sample code_2a862851.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2008 07:44 PM UTC

Rekha, I'm afraid I sent you the code from a previous progress bar that I tried. Attached is the correct code used with the Syncfusion progressbar.

Sorry about that!

Dave

Sample code 2_15ab48f6.zip

RP Rekha P Syncfusion Team September 11, 2008 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the sample.
We are working on this issue and will get back to you soon with more details. Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Rekha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon