We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

use of GetValueByPoint function... plz help

Hi Experts

i m using syncfusion tool to draw my charts. i also need to get the value of the chart on its mouse position. for that i use the
function this.chartControl1.ChartArea.GetValueByPoint(new Point(e.X, e.Y));
which gives me the value of the chart according to its mouse position. but its gives value only corresponding to the primary Y axis. i need to get that value in accordance with the secondary axis. it that possile? plz help me how can i get that.
that attached image is showing the point using a tooltip that corresponds to primary y axis only.

plz plz help ASAP
thanks

Dalvir Singh

tooltipChartAreaPoint_a7461865.zip

3 Replies

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team August 11, 2008 05:30 AM UTC

Hi Dalvir,

We regret for the delayed response. Please find response to your queries below.

1) If your intention is to display Tooltip with Y Axis value, ChartControl will by default display the Value corresponding to the Secondary Y axis, When a series is assigned to the Secondary Y axis.

I have attached sample that illustrates the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F75763/Sample1.htm

2) If your intention is to get the Secondary Y axis value at the MousePoint for manipulation, We regret to inform you that currently we do not have support for getting the Y Axis values. And we have created a feature request in this regard and have forwarded it to our Developers. I will get back to you regarding the time line for implementing this feature within a week.

Kindly let me know if you have any other queries. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

DR Daniel Rütimann February 28, 2012 06:20 PM UTC

Any news on this one? Is the possibility number 2) still a feature request or has it been implemented meanwhile?

VK Vijayabharathi K Syncfusion Team March 1, 2012 08:58 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

While the feature itself is valuable, have not yet planned to implement it. We are therefore unable to provide a definitive timeline for now. Kindly refer the incident #91535 for further follow up on this.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Vijayabharathi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon