We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Chart Axis Auto Range with Force Zero Problem

I am using SyncFusion 5.102.0.51

If I have a chart with a single series with data all between 143,000 and 146,000, and I set ForceZero = TRUE then by default the chart seems to set ignore my DesiredIntervals of 8, and instead caps the Range.Interval to 500, resulting in a NumberOfIntervals > 100.

This creates a huge number of Axis labels which is unnecessary. Is there any way to make the automatic choosing smarter? Otherwise, what is the best way for me to set this manually.

Given that since most the time the graph does what I want (because my data ranges between 1,000 and 200,000) I want to keep its default behavior whenever it can get it right. Only when it would do something wrong like have more than 100 labels would I want to override its behavior.

1 Reply

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team August 12, 2008 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Robert ,

When you set the Auto RangeType to the PrimaryYAxis the chart will take care of the range and intervals. Please refer to the attached sample. In this sample when setting RangeType of PrimaryYAxis to Auto, and setting ForceZero to true, the chart will assign the minimum value to zero, maximum value to 200000 and interval to 50000.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F75749_Aug12/main.htm

Could you please check the sample and let me know whether you are able to reproduce the issue in this sample?. It would be helpful if you provide a sample or modify the attached sample to reproduce this issue. It will help us to resolve it as early as possible.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon