We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid to Excel Export

We are trying to export records from Data grid to Excel.

It works fine for 15,000 records. But once it crosses the limit of 15,000 it is not working.

How this problem can be solved?

7 Replies

SR SubhaSheela R Syncfusion Team August 6, 2008 08:41 AM UTC

Hi Sukanya,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I have tried to reproduce the issue in a simple sample. I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce such a issue as you mentioned. I am not sure what might be the cause for this issue. Could you please give us the reproduce steps in that below sample or send us the sample that reproduce the issue, so that we could try to find the solution and provide you the exact solution early?

Here is the sample:

GDBGExportLargeRows.zip

Please have a look into the sample given above and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 7, 2008 07:11 AM UTC

Hi Subhasheela,
Thanks for your response.

Actually we are trying to do with this in ASP.Net 2.0

I have attached the code sample which we are using.

Kindly let me know how this issue could be solved.

We are setting the limit for maximum no. of rows using the web.config
>Hi Sukanya,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I have tried to reproduce the issue in a simple sample. I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce such a issue as you mentioned. I am not sure what might be the cause for this issue. Could you please give us the reproduce steps in that below sample or send us the sample that reproduce the issue, so that we could try to find the solution and provide you the exact solution early?

Here is the sample:

GDBGExportLargeRows.zip

Please have a look into the sample given above and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

we_69eef548.zip

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team August 10, 2008 06:36 AM UTC

Hi Sukanya,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Currently, we have the Excel export feature implemented with full support to the auto-formats present in the Grid.

Please refer the sample from below link, for ExcelExporting the Grid data which will work with latest.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.3.0.30/Grid_Web_ExcelExport/main.htm

In the above sample the App_Code contains the following files which has the code for EcelExport
• GridBaseExport -Common Base class for Excel export.
• GridExcelExport -Class which has been inherited from the base class, initialize the Excel file and export the data with styles.

The export() presents inside the GridExcelExport class. This is the method which actually exports the Grid data to the Excel sheet. Please refer the below code snippet which illustrates this:

ExcelExport:
GridExcelExport excel = new GridExcelExport(this.GridGroupingControl1, "excel.xls");
excel.Export();

The GridExcelExport class constructors accepts the following as its arguments:
1. The Grid object, which is going to be exported.
2. Name of the file to which the data is going to be exported.

The GridExcelExport class contains the following properties.
• AutoFormat - Return the "AutoFormat" applied to the Grid.
• UseAutoFormat - Return true if AutoFormat is set to the Grid else false.
• ExportNestedTable - If it is set to "False" Nestedtables can't be exported. By default it is "true".
• FileName - Return the name of the exported file.
• GridGroupingControl - Return the name of the exported file.

Using the above we can export more than 15000 records without any issues. Please refer the Screen shot which illustrates this:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/largedatasrc_a3f6cf10.png

Note:

- Copy the files present under "App_Code" directory of the sample.
- Paste it in your application''s "App_Code" folder.

Once you have the files in your "App_Code" directory of your application, the new classes would be referred. So no need to refer the Syncfusion.GridConverter.Web.dll.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Raji

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 12, 2008 05:38 AM UTC

Hi Raji,
Thanks for the response.

Actually we do not have the "App_Code" Code folder seperately.

But We have one folder for having all the class files. I have pasted your files into that folder by converting them to Vb class file. I have not added reference to the syncfusion dll.

But i am getting error as "Type GridExcelExport not defined".

Kindly let me know what i am missing.

Regards,
Sukanya

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team August 13, 2008 04:11 AM UTC

Hi Sukanya,

If there is no App_Code in your application, you can create one App_Code folder and paste the files. If you add any new Class files to your application VisualStudio automatically placed it inside the App_Code folder. So creating a new App_Code folder doesn’t create any issue. And also could you please make sure that your web config file should contain reference for all the Syncfusion dlls.

Please try the above and let us know if this helps you out.

And also we are going to release our refresh build in the middle of August 2008, in which the new exporting feature has been included. So we can directly use the GridConver.Web assembly, no need to make use of these App_Code. I will update you with the DownLoad link, once it is published.

Regards,
Raji

RA Rafiq October 21, 2008 05:05 PM UTC

Hi Raji,

Now we are using Syncfusion Essential Studio v6.1.0.34. Now I am exporting data using "Class Model". Like you said, Is this (GridConvert.Web assembly) export feature is added with this version? Can you please let me know the links for sample code?
Thanks,
Rafiq

>Hi Sukanya,

If there is no App_Code in your application, you can create one App_Code folder and paste the files. If you add any new Class files to your application VisualStudio automatically placed it inside the App_Code folder. So creating a new App_Code folder doesn’t create any issue. And also could you please make sure that your web config file should contain reference for all the Syncfusion dlls.

Please try the above and let us know if this helps you out.

And also we are going to release our refresh build in the middle of August 2008, in which the new exporting feature has been included. So we can directly use the GridConver.Web assembly, no need to make use of these App_Code. I will update you with the DownLoad link, once it is published.

Regards,
Raji

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team October 28, 2008 04:39 PM UTC

Hi Rafiq,

Yes, with version 6.1.0.34 we have GridConverter.Web assembly. Using this we can export the GridData to Excel file. Please refer the sample from the following link, which illustrates the ExcelExport feature:

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.1.0.34\Web\grid.grouping.web\Samples\2.0\Formatting\ConditionalFormatting\cs

Please have alook at this, and let us know if this helps you out.

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon