We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Refresh Problem in GridDataBoundGrid

Hi

In GridDataBoundGrid When horizontal scroll bar is moved Forth and Back (or) Vertical Scroll bar Down and Up, it is causing refresh problem in the cell that has cursor focus. The cell is splitting and showing empty data (or) values of other cells.
Refer to attached screen shots to view the refresh problem.

To Understand it clearly,
In the sample which I've attached below, increase the width of the Columns and keep cursor in fifth row and Homephone/Address/City/Extension Columns then move the horizontal scroll bar forth and back (or) Vertical Scroll bar down and up, you can observe the mentioned behavior.

I've attached a sample and some screen shots regarding this.
please go through it.

Thanks,

GridRefresh_fd7ad343.zip

7 Replies

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team August 5, 2008 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Hari,

The column that causes refresh problem is only when you make one of the column's width to zero.
So when the column is resized, and if its width becomes zero then the width must be changed to one, which does not make a big difference in the design.

Please refer the below sample code snippet:
GridRefreshingSample

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, let me know.

Regards,
Nirmal

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2008 05:09 AM UTC

Thanks for your reply Nirmal,

Unfortunately when I run the sample which you sent, I am getting following Exception

Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Core, Version=6.302.0.30, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I am using Syncfusion Version 5.1.1.47

Could you please give me some reply..

regards,
Hari

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team August 8, 2008 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Hari,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please try the below sample:
GridRefreshSample

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Nirmal

T( Tomasz (Tomek)Borucki August 11, 2008 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Nirmal,

I have similiar problem, but with the set of columns. I hide and show the set of them and your code works only on the last one. What should I do to have ALL the unhidden columns refreshed ?

thx
Tomek

>Hi Hari,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please try the below sample:
GridRefreshSample

Regards,
Nirmal

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team August 11, 2008 02:25 PM UTC

Hi Tomek,

Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion product.

The QueryColWidth event is used to resize the column according to the condition.
The hidden column can be even in the hidden state with the width of one.

Please refer the given sample below:
GridRefreshSample

Regards,
Nirmal

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 27, 2008 05:47 AM UTC

Hi Nirmal,

When I run the Ur Example I got following Errors.

I am Using Syncfuison 5.1.1.47

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'TypedTableBase' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

C:\Users\hari\Desktop\GridRefresh\NWINDDataSet.Designer.cs 536 72 GridRefresh

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'TypedTableBase' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

C:\Users\hari\Desktop\GridRefresh\NWINDDataSet.Designer.cs 811 71 GridRefresh

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'TypedTableBase' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

C:\Users\hari\Desktop\GridRefresh\NWINDDataSet.Designer.cs 1185 71 GridRefresh

Error 4 The type or namespace name 'TypedTableBase' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

C:\Users\hari\Desktop\GridRefresh\NWINDDataSet.Designer.cs 1655 75 GridRefresh

Error 5 The type or namespace name 'TypedTableBase' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

C:\Users\hari\Desktop\GridRefresh\NWINDDataSet.Designer.cs 1948 68 GridRefresh

Error 6 The type or namespace name 'TypedTableBase' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

C:\Users\hari\Desktop\GridRefresh\NWINDDataSet.Designer.cs 2367 70 GridRefresh

Error 7 The type or namespace name 'TypedTableBase' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

C:\Users\hari\Desktop\GridRefresh\NWINDDataSet.Designer.cs 2726 70 GridRefresh

Error 8 The type or namespace name 'TypedTableBase' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

C:\Users\hari\Desktop\GridRefresh\NWINDDataSet.Designer.cs 2988 71 GridRefresh

Warning 9 The referenced component 'System.Core' could not be found.

Warning 10 The referenced component 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions' could not be found.

Warning 11 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Core". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this

reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. GridRefresh

Warning 12 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Data.DataSetExtensions". Check to make sure the assembly exists on

disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. GridRefresh

Warning 13 Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly. GridRefresh

I even tried to set the property
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.UseRightToLeftCompatibleTextBox = true;

It is working in the Sample but not in my Application.

Thanks,
Hari

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team January 8, 2009 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Hari,

Please try the link provided below:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/Grid.Windows/GridRefresh_2005.zip

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Nirmal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon