We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to imports from Visio to diagram

Hi,
How to imports from visio to diagram

Thanks in advance

8 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team July 30, 2008 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Sattar ,

Essential Diagram offers the unique functionality of letting you import Microsoft Visio stencil files (*.vss files) and converting them into Essential Diagram symbol palettes. Visio stencil import is demonstrated in the DiagramBuilder sample and the SymbolDesigner application that ships with Essential Diagram.

DiagramBuilder:
My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.3.0.30\Windows\Diagram.Windows\Samples\2.0\Featured Samples\DiagramBuilder

SymbolDesigner:
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.3.0.30\Utilities\Diagram\Symbol Designer

The main interface for Visio stencil conversion is the VisioStencilConverter, a utility class that provides the functionality for loading and converting a Visio stencil. Calling the VisioStencilConverter.Convert() method reads the Visio stencil file that the converter is initialized with and starts off the conversion process that parses through each of the shapes present in the stencil and creates compatible diagram symbols. Please refer to the below code snippet.

SymbolPalette paletteToReturn = null;
if (openFileDialog1.ShowDialog(this) == DialogResult.OK)
{
string strFileName = openFileDialog1.FileName;
VisioStencilConverter converter = new VisioStencilConverter(strFileName, this);
converter.ShowProgressDialog = true;
paletteToReturn = converter.Convert();
paletteGroupView1.LoadPalette(paletteToReturn);
}

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

SS sattar shaikh July 31, 2008 10:55 AM UTC

Hi,
thanks for give me.
My requirement is can we convert all flow chart of visio to diagram which will contail the flow chart by using the diagram node.
I am trying by nodecollection but is comming as collection i am not able to seperate them and also i am not getting location of nodes.I have attached a sample pics which i am getting as result i have to split them and reallocate them

please reply me,thank you
>Hi Sattar ,

Essential Diagram offers the unique functionality of letting you import Microsoft Visio stencil files (*.vss files) and converting them into Essential Diagram symbol palettes. Visio stencil import is demonstrated in the DiagramBuilder sample and the SymbolDesigner application that ships with Essential Diagram.

DiagramBuilder:
My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.3.0.30\Windows\Diagram.Windows\Samples\2.0\Featured Samples\DiagramBuilder

SymbolDesigner:
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.3.0.30\Utilities\Diagram\Symbol Designer

The main interface for Visio stencil conversion is the VisioStencilConverter, a utility class that provides the functionality for loading and converting a Visio stencil. Calling the VisioStencilConverter.Convert() method reads the Visio stencil file that the converter is initialized with and starts off the conversion process that parses through each of the shapes present in the stencil and creates compatible diagram symbols. Please refer to the below code snippet.

SymbolPalette paletteToReturn = null;
if (openFileDialog1.ShowDialog(this) == DialogResult.OK)
{
string strFileName = openFileDialog1.FileName;
VisioStencilConverter converter = new VisioStencilConverter(strFileName, this);
converter.ShowProgressDialog = true;
paletteToReturn = converter.Convert();
paletteGroupView1.LoadPalette(paletteToReturn);
}

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

VisioToDiagram_84789f3d.zip

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team July 31, 2008 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Sattar ,

From your screenshot we find that the nodes are groupped in the diagram model. You have to ungroup the node and you can separate and access the child nodes.

//To ungroup the nodes
this.diagram1.Controller.UnGroup();

If possible for you please provide us your visio stencil file that shows this issue. It is very helpful to us to investigate this issue further.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

SS sattar shaikh August 6, 2008 06:34 AM UTC

Hi,
I am trying to convert the .svg file to the diagram chart
//create object
Syncfusion.SVG.IO.SvgDocument sDoc;

//load file
sDoc = new Syncfusion.SVG.IO.SvgDocument();
sDoc.Load("Files\\FinalTest.svg");

//once say import this code will execute

NodeCollection nodeCol = ElementConverter.Convert(sDoc.Children);
int index;

Console.WriteLine(diagram1.Model.AppendChildren(nodeCol,out index));

By using convert method i am converting svg node to the diagram node,i am not able to re-arrange the location of nodes

I have attached the sample chart.svg file which have to import and the getting result after import in two files due to size.

please reply me.

>Hi Sattar ,

From your screenshot we find that the nodes are groupped in the diagram model. You have to ungroup the node and you can separate and access the child nodes.

//To ungroup the nodes
this.diagram1.Controller.UnGroup();

If possible for you please provide us your visio stencil file that shows this issue. It is very helpful to us to investigate this issue further.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

VisioImportTwo_17b1da72.zip

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team August 7, 2008 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Sattar ,

It is hard to trace why this exception is arising without seeing it in a live application. We could not find the working sample in your attachment. Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample with svg file that shows this issue?Can you reproduce it in one of our samples? It will be easier for us to have a closer look into the problem and to resolve it. Also let us know which version you are currently using.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

SS sattar shaikh August 7, 2008 11:01 AM UTC

Hi,
I am using the 6.302.0.30 Version of the Syncfunsion Diagram
I am explaining as detail
In zip file there are three screenshot
1)first is "Charttoimport.bmp" this is .svg(Chart/Diagram) file which i want to convert in to edd file(Chart/Diagram)
2)There are another two screenshots "VisioImportOne.bmp" and "VisioImportTwo.bmp"
The chart in two(VisioImportOne and VisioImportTwo ) screenshot is of one chart
i have just done this due to show you top and bottom part of the chart which i am getting after the import of the chart whcih is in Charttoimport.bmp screenshot
3)I am not going to add the node from .svg file to the Palette.
4)My requirement is import the .svg file(Chart) to the .edd file(Chart)which should load in the diagram.

I am taking the type of node,size and locations from .svg file and at runtime i am generating the syncfusion node of same type,size and locations.I am getting rectangle,textnode,polygin nodes.I am not getting lines and locations of the all nodes to re-arrange,so it should create chart as it is in the .svg file

Please reply me with possible details and examples/sample

Thank You

>Hi Sattar ,

It is hard to trace why this exception is arising without seeing it in a live application. We could not find the working sample in your attachment. Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample with svg file that shows this issue?Can you reproduce it in one of our samples? It will be easier for us to have a closer look into the problem and to resolve it. Also let us know which version you are currently using.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

VisioImport_8e594036.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2008 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Sattar ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Currently Essential Diagram supports only exporting diagram files into SVG format files. However we have feature request for importing SVG functionality. I will get back to you with more details regarding thsi feature on or before 14th August.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nagaraj

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team August 14, 2008 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Sattar,,

Currently we do not provide support to ''Import SVG files in daigram''. This has been confirmed as a Feature Request. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We have a time frame of at least six months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you on or before 14th February, 2009.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon