We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

visual studio 2008 and Essential Studio 2008 vol 2.

I installed the Essential Studio 2008 vol 2 to use the version 6.3 of the windows forms components. However, I must use the Framework.NET 2.0. I have Visual Studio 2008 and SyncFusion components cannot be used even if I add them manually in the toolbox.
I'm adding version 6.302.x.x of the components. Are they working under .NET 2.0 ? If yes, how to allow VS2008 to enable them ? They all appear desactivated.
Thanks for any help. This is urgent.

6 Replies

RS Ramani S Syncfusion Team July 30, 2008 06:39 AM UTC

Hi Joel,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please let me know the essential studio version that you are using in your machine at present?

Regards,
Ramani

RS Ramani S Syncfusion Team July 30, 2008 06:48 AM UTC

Hi Joel,

Basically, With v6.3.0.6 we ship both .NET framework 2.0 ad .NET framework 3.5 assemblies.

During the installation, we target the .NET framework 2.0 assemblies to VS2005 and .NET framework 3.5 assemblies to vs2008.

Since VS2008 supports multi-targeting. We need to perform the following step before starting devlopment with vs2008 with TargetFramework set to 2.0.

Could you please try the utility attached with this.

In this utility, Please select .NET Framework 2.0 to develop applications and then press the button "Start Action". Once successfully completed please open the IDE.

Also, You need to add syncfusion 2.0 assemblies to the VS toolbox manually.

Please try this and let us know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Ramani

Multi Target Manager_eebd56a1.zip

JD Joel Descombes July 30, 2008 08:43 AM UTC

Hello,

Currently I have the version 2.0.5 of the syncfusion components installed on my machine. This is version is used by the application I have to migrate to .NET 2.0.
Now I installed syncfusion version 6.3 after VS2008.
I found on the forum this utility to select the used framework version. After execution, it just allow me to use syncfusion 3.302 but not 6.302.

>Hi Joel,

Basically, With v6.3.0.6 we ship both .NET framework 2.0 ad .NET framework 3.5 assemblies.

During the installation, we target the .NET framework 2.0 assemblies to VS2005 and .NET framework 3.5 assemblies to vs2008.

Since VS2008 supports multi-targeting. We need to perform the following step before starting devlopment with vs2008 with TargetFramework set to 2.0.

Could you please try the utility attached with this.

In this utility, Please select .NET Framework 2.0 to develop applications and then press the button "Start Action". Once successfully completed please open the IDE.

Also, You need to add syncfusion 2.0 assemblies to the VS toolbox manually.

Please try this and let us know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Ramani

Multi Target Manager_eebd56a1.zip

RS Ramani S Syncfusion Team July 31, 2008 05:32 AM UTC

Hi Joel,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I feel that your GAC has also got the older versions assemblies installed in it.

Could you please follow these steps:

1. Please open 6.3.x.x Assembly Manager from dashboard and choose option remove all versions and click Perform action.

2. Please check whether all the syncfusion assemblies are removed from the below locations.

C:\WINDOWS\assembly
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies
C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies

3. Again from the assembly manager choose install version to install the version 6.3.x.x assemblies.

4. Make sure that your machine contains only the 6.3.x.x assemblies in the above given locations.

5. Please run the utility manager which i attached to you in my previous update.

6. While running the utility manager please choose 2.0 framework and click ok once succesfully completed.

7. Open your application and make sure in the properties window whether you references points to version 6.302.X.X

8. Set specific version property to false in the properties window.

9. Compile and run the project.

If you still have problem, please refer this KB link

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=60

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Ramani

JD Joel Descombes July 31, 2008 08:46 AM UTC

Thanks for your help.
Unfortunatly, for compatibility reason with the existing software, I cannot uninstall the old version.
In consequence we have decided to rollback to Visual Studio 2005.

RS Ramani S Syncfusion Team July 31, 2008 09:13 AM UTC

Hi Joel,

I regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please do contact us if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Ramani

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon