We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl Relations

Hi,

I'm new to Syncfusion and was trying out some stuff. But i keep having problems with filling my grid. I already tried some stuff i read on the forum, but it still doesn't work.

So what do I have:
I got a DataSet _data
with 2 DataTables named Table1 and Table2
Table1 has 1 column named T1_A which i made my primary Key
Table2 has 3 columns names T2_A, T2_B and T3_C

What I would like is to have Table2 data in my grid. And for Table2.T2_B i want a combobox like thing with data from Table1.T1_A in which the correct value is selected.

This are the things I did:

grdAircraftRegistr.Engine.SourceListSet.Add("Table2", _data.Tables["Table2"]); grdAircraftRegistr.Engine.SourceListSet.Add("Table1", _data.Tables["Table1"]);

GridRelationDescriptor rdLookup = new GridRelationDescriptor();
rdLookup.Name = "fkLookup";
rdLookup.ChildTableName = "Table1";
rdLookup.RelationKind = Syncfusion.Grouping.RelationKind.ForeignKeyReference;
rdLookup.RelationKeys.Add("T2_B", "T1_A");
rdLookup.ChildTableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Add("T1_A"); rdLookup.ChildTableDescriptor.SortedColumns.Add("T1_A");
rdLookup.ChildTableDescriptor.AllowEdit = false; rdLookup.ChildTableDescriptor.AllowNew = false;

grdAircraftRegistr.TableDescriptor.Relations.Add(rdLookup);

grdAircraftRegistr.DataSource = _data.Tables["Table2"];

I do not see a column in the grid for Table2.T2_B data. The other fields are visible.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 28, 2008 12:59 PM UTC

Ok, so I managed to have a combobox.
But this is not filled and at the end of the gridcolumns.

i used
rdLookup.RelationKeys.Add("T1_A", "T2_B");
iso
rdLookup.RelationKeys.Add("T2_B", "T1_A");

But why is this combo not filled with my data from Table1?
How do i set this in the column where T2_B is shown?

SR SubhaSheela R Syncfusion Team July 30, 2008 09:00 AM UTC

Hi EDW,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You can refer our shipped browser sample that discusses about foreign key relations.

Here is the path:

{InstallationDrive}\Documents and Settings\{UserName}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.3.0.25\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\RelationsAndHierarchy\ForeignKeyReference\CS

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 30, 2008 02:46 PM UTC

Nope, that strategy did not work.
But it did work in this way:

grd.DataSource = _data.Tables["Table2"];

GridTableDescriptor tableDesc = grd.TableDescriptor; tableDesc.Columns["T2_B"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "ComboBox"; tableDesc.Columns["T2_B"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DataSource = _data.Tables["Table1"]; tableDesc.Columns["T2_B"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DisplayMember = "T1_A"; tableDesc.Columns["T2_B"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.ValueMember = "T1_A";

SR SubhaSheela R Syncfusion Team August 5, 2008 08:32 AM UTC

Hi EDW,

Thanks for your update.

We are glad to know that you got solution. Please let me know if you need any further technical assistance.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon