We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Navigate to a specific tab using keyboard.

Hi,

I am using TabControlAdv to group set of tabs. I would like to traverse to a perticular tab directly through keyboard keys. I can traverse between tabs using Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown, but I would like to navigate to a specific tab directly without traversing through other tabs using 'keyboard controls'.

For example, suppose five tabs Tab1, Tab2, Tab3, Tab4, Tab5 arranged in same order. I would like to navigate from a control in Tab2 to Tab5 directly without traversing through Tab3,Tab4 using keyboard.

Is there any way I can achieve this?

Thanks
-Pradeep

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 23, 2008 10:45 AM UTC

Thank you for interest in Syncfusion product.

You can use Mnemonic character for Tabpages[Text property].

For example:
this.tabPageAdv3.Text = "Tab&3";

Please refer the simple sample in the below link which illustrates the above:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/75358/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Hema

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 24, 2008 04:24 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I want the exact behaviour mentioned in your reply. But I found a problem with it, it works only when the focus is on any of the tab, i.e if the focus is on Tab1 then if I press 5 it is working fine, but if the focus is on any other control like textbox etc.. in tab1 then it is not working.
Could please comeup with a solution for this problem.

Thanks
-Pradeep

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 24, 2008 07:11 AM UTC

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for the update.

If the focus is on any other control like textbox, button..etc then you can use Alt+Mnemonic key [Alt+3].

Please let me know if this help.

Regards,
Hema

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon