We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

grid

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

75183 Jul 15,2008 08:47 AM Jul 25,2008 08:20 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
abc
Asked On July 15, 2008 08:47 AM

I am using syncfusion 5.2 grid controls. In my grid i want the following functionality. I don't know if these features are pre provided with syncfusion or i have to write our own code. If the below features are not supported by normal syncfusion grid i can use any other syncfusion grid also.

1) In the extreme left corner i want grid auto increment numbers.

2) Drag drop rows in grid. For example i should be able to swap Row 4 and Row 2.

3)Delete row in grid. Just that when i left click a context menu in grid which shows delete option. On delete row should get delete.

4)moving rows up and down in grid. For ex i have a context menu which says move row up and down. on pressing up row should move up and on clicking down row should move down.

A sample image of my requirement is also attached with this message.

I would be very thankful if someone could help me with this.

Grid_8cff9097.zip

SubhaSheela R [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 25, 2008 08:20 AM

Hi Prabhjeet,

Sorry for the delay caused in getting back to you.

If you dont want the grid to be bound to any datasource, then you can go ahead with the plain GridControl. If you wish to bind to any datasource, then you can use the DataBoundGrid/GridGroupingControl.

1) In the extreme left corner i want grid auto increment numbers.

GridControl by default has this support of showing row numbers in the left corner(rowheader).

2) Drag drop rows in grid.

To enable drag rows/cols in grid, you should enable the oledragdrop flag in the controller options property of the grid. Also refer the dragdrop sample in browser samples.

{InstallationDrive}\Documents and Settings\{UserName}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.3.0.25\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\DragDropSupport

3)Delete the row in grid

You can delete a row from the grid control based on the row index.
this.gridControl1.Rows.RemoveRange(from, to);

4)moving rows up and down in grid. For ex i have a context menu which says move row up and down. on pressing up row should move up and on clicking down row should move down.

you can use the grid.rows.move method to move the rows or grid.rows.moverange method to move a range of rows.

Here is the sample:

GCSwapDelete.zip

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;