We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

MDI Docking Manager Icon

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

75139 Jul 14,2008 10:32 AM Mar 9,2018 02:14 AM Windows Forms 9
Tags: Tools
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On July 14, 2008 10:32 AM

I am using a form that is using a DockingManager. In the form, I have added a user control. I have set the user control to be a mdi tab page by using the dockingManager1.SetAsMDIChild() method. I have also set an ImageList to the DockingManager.

During various points in the application, I would like to change the icon that is used for the user control that is in the docking manager. For some reason, when I run dockingManager1.SetDockIcon() when the control is in the MDI state, the icon does not update. However, if I choose to make the control docked, it will then update. Is there any way to fix this?

Replied On July 15, 2008 08:10 AM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Please try setting DockIcon in dockingManager1_NewDockStateEndLoad event handler as follows and let me know if this helps you.

[C#]

private void dockingManager1_NewDockStateEndLoad(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

this.dockingManager1.SetDockIcon(this.panel1, 0);
}

Sample link : http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F75139/main.htm

Regards,
Jaya

Replied On July 15, 2008 09:11 AM

I have updated the sample with the actions that I am doing. You will see that I change the icon when a different node is selected in the treeview. The icon updates fine if the panel is docked. But once it is set as an mdi child, it no longer gets updated.

Win_Tools_MDIChild_d01635e2.zip

Replied On July 22, 2008 01:24 PM

Hi Michael,

The mentioned issue is suspected to be a defect and we have forwarded this issue to our development team for more analysis and will update you with more details on or before July 24th.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Jaya

Replied On July 25, 2008 08:24 AM

Have there been any updates on this?

Replied On July 29, 2008 05:21 AM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for youe patience.

The SetDockIcon() method used for Docking controls in Dockable mode. If a dock control is in MDI mode, it is a normal form (DockingWrapperForm) - in that case SetDockIcon does not work, so we have to use Form.Icon for this purpose.

Please refer the below code snippet.

[C#]

if (this.dockingManager1.IsMDIMode(panel1))
{
DockingWrapperForm form = panel1.Parent as DockingWrapperForm;

if (form != null && index>0)
{
form.Icon = Icon.FromHandle(new Bitmap(this.dockingManager1.ImageList.Images[index]).GetHicon());

}
}

Please refer the sample for above illustrates.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F_75139/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Hema

Replied On July 31, 2008 08:46 AM

Thanks, that works great.

Replied On August 7, 2008 06:17 AM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the update.

Regards,
Hema

Jean-Pierre Semery
Replied On March 8, 2018 09:14 AM

What am I supposed to write here?

Durga Rajan [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 9, 2018 02:14 AM

Hi Jean-Pierre Semery, 

If you have any queries or any technical assistance with regards to Docking Manager, let us know. We will be happy to help you. 

Regards, 
Durga S. 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;