We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

select last row on griddataboundgrid by clicking button

hi all...
i have a griddataboundgrid which contain list of customer...

and i have a create new customer button..
when i clicked the button.. i want to select the last row on griddataboundgrid...

for now.. it's just select the last one which i've selected...

is there a way for me to do that things?

or is it possible for me to add new row on the first row?
so everytime i click the button..i'll add new row to that grid but on the first row... for now it's always come to the last one

thanks in advance

4 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team July 10, 2008 10:18 AM UTC

Hi Sherly,

Thank you for posting query to us.

select the last row on griddataboundgrid.

Please try the following code snippets and let me know if this helps.

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Selections.Clear(); this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Selections.Add(GridRangeInfo.Row(this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.RowCount));

is it possible for me to add new row on the first row?

By default, there is only support to have the AddNew row at the bottom of the GridDataBoundGrid. There is no property settings for this. You should use the GridGroupingControl if you want the AddNew at the top. You can hide the grouping support and make that grid look like the GriddataBoundGrid if you want.

With the GridGroupingControl, you can use the below code to have the AddNew row at the top

// AddNew at top
this.gridGroupingControl1.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = true;
// AddNew row at bottom
this.gridGroupingControl1.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails = true;

FYI, we recommend our customers to use GridGroupingControl instead of GridDataBoundGrid for good performance and many additional features that we provide. The GridDataBoundGrid will be obsolete much sooner and no performance enhancement or no feature's updation will be done in our future releases.

Regards,
Jisha

SN Sherly Numawaty July 11, 2008 05:01 AM UTC

hi...

does GridGroupingControl cover all the possibility on griddataboundgrid...

actually i have'nt used GridGroupingControl yet,cause all grid that i was used are griddataboundgrid...

should i change it all to GridGroupingControl ?

thanks

sherly

SN Sherly Numawaty July 11, 2008 06:13 AM UTC

hi jisha

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Selections.Clear(); this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Selections.Add(GridRangeInfo.Row(this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.RowCount));

is there any event which catch the changed of selection?
cause i've tried ur code.
but the things that i want to do is get the value of the last row and selected that row

thanks in advance

sherly

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team July 15, 2008 06:47 AM UTC

Hi Sherly,

Does GridGroupingControl cover all the possibility on griddataboundgrid.

Yes. In addition to this, it Supports grouping with summaries, filters and expression columns. Please refer the following page in our website.

http://www.syncfusion.com/products/grid/windows/features/Grid_Grouping_Support/Grouping_Support.aspx

Is there any event which catch the changed of selection?

Please refer the code:

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.SelectionChanged += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSelectionChangedEventHandler(Model_SelectionChanged);
}

void Model_SelectionChanged(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSelectionChangedEventArgs e)
{

}

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon