We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Custom Sorting in GridDataBoundGrid

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

75035 Jul 9,2008 12:56 PM Jul 15,2008 02:32 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On July 9, 2008 12:56 PM

Hi,
I am using GridDataBoundGrid.

I have derived from a model, and configure a column to use the model and renderer that I wrote.
Than I derived from the function GetFormattedText in order to display another text in the cells of the grid from the text that is in the dataTable (the displayedText = FormattedText).

How can I sort a column (By clicking his header) by the formatted text that is displayed in the cells ??

I asked this question before but I didn't said what grid I used and so I have got answer about grid that I didn't use in my code, and it wasn't suitable for me.

thanks,
Yoni

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 10, 2008 05:09 AM

Hi Yoni,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please refer the foloowing browser sample that is shipped with our products:

..\\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.3.0.25\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\DataBound\DataBoundSortByDisplayMember\cs

This sample also implements a solution for sorting a column by it's display member instead of the value member of the column.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 11, 2008 09:41 AM

hey,
Can you give the example in the forum instead, I didn't figure out where to look at. and also I'm working with older version of syncfusion (I think Version 5).

Thanks,
Yoni

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 15, 2008 02:32 AM

Hi Yoni,

Thank you for your update.

This sample can also accessible from the dashboard. Please refer the location from DashBoard.

Window Forms Samples---> Grid Samples ---> DataBound--- > DataBoundSortByDisplayMember

Regards,
Jisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;