We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

checkbox in grid does not display correctly

I have a datasource that contains 3 columns. 2 of the 3 columns are text data and the 3rd is a "Bit" field that is either true or false.

I have a blank aspx (vb.net) page that I dragged a grid control onto, Set the datasource based on my sqldatasource parameters. I added a checkbox control in the 3rd column using the "Edit Template" functionality.

The text data displays correctly, but all of the check boxes display in an unchecked mode when some should display as checked.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Mike B.

3 Replies

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team July 8, 2008 07:30 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products:

EditItemTemplate controls simply render the control on the column while editing. To make the checkbox to reflect he column values, we have to manually binded the checkbox with the column. Please refer the below code snippet which illustrates this:

$sfwg:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="Checkbox">
$ItemTemplate>
$asp:CheckBox id="cbTemplate" runat="server" Checked="" AutoPostBack="true">
$/ItemTemplate>
$/sfwg:GridColumnDescriptor>

Note:
Here "$" is used instead of "<"

protected bool GetValue(GridCell container)
{
int val;
Record rowRecord = container.Row.Record;
val = Convert.ToInt32(rowRecord.GetValue("Checkbox"));
if (val == 0)
return false;
else
return true;
}

The GetValue method returns Boolean value depending upon the column values.

Please refer the sample from the below link, which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.3.0.6/Grid_Web_Template/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Raji

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2008 04:58 PM UTC

I seem to be having problems getting check box to work in Item Template. I have the following within Item Template of a GridColumnDescriptor

asp:CheckBox ID="chkCalculation" runat="server" Checked="<%# GetBoolField(Container) %>"

GetBoolField method returns bool value based on the value in the database. However, GetBoolField method never gets called.

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team September 25, 2008 07:40 PM UTC

Hi Raj,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Please refer the modified sample from the below link:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.3.0.6/Grid_Web_Template/main.htm

Here CheckBox is used as ItemTemplates and are binded with values from DataSource using the GetValue method which returns bool value. Accroding to this the CheckBox checked value get differed.

Please have a look at the above and let us know if this helps you out.

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon