We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Regarding Line Chart Axis Border line

Hi

Is it is Possible that Border line,color and various Pen style like dash line ,Dotted line would be used to make the x axis and one thing more that i want make my ticks inside outside or cross the axes (See Attached Image)

Is it possible that we should increse the number of ticks say X axis from 0 to 20 we set 10 ticks between this interval

Graph_cdc2d4d3.zip

3 Replies

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team July 8, 2008 05:53 AM UTC

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for the attachment.

1) It is possible to Change the Line color, and to set DashStyle like Dash, Dot etc using the ChartAxis.LineType property as given below.

Sample Code:
this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.ForeColor = Color.Blue;
this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.LineType.Width = 5;
this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.LineType.DashStyle = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.DashStyle.DashDot;

I have attached the sample that illustrates the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F74928/main.htm

2) Regarding Tick Position:

We regret to inform you that currently we do not have support for drawing Tick as inside or across the axis. However I have created a feature request in this regard and have forwarded to our Development Team We will get back to you regarding the Timeline for implementing this feature within a week.

3) Is it possible to increase the number of Ticks to 10 in between the interval 0 - 20.

Could you please provide more information on this requirement? Do you mean to increase the number of TickLabels in the axis?

Example: If you have Ticks from 0 to -110 with -10 as interval. Such that Ticks are drawn at 0,-10,-20, -30,-40,-50 and so on..till -110 ( To

Do you want to increase the number ticks to 20 with interval -5? Such that you have Ticks at 0,-5,-10,-15,-20,-
25.... -110?

4) Values are moved at the Top instead of as below as in first 2 Figure:

If your intention is to place the axis above the ChartPlotArea. It is possible to achieve that by setting the ChartAxis.Opposed property to true.

I have attached the sample illustrating the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F74928_1/main.htm

Please let me know if this meets your requirements.

I hope I have not misunderstood your requirements. If I have, please provide us with Some more additional information on your requirement? It would be more helpful if you could provide us with additional screen shots.

Kindly let us know if you need any other information. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 8, 2008 07:55 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for reply.For more ticks means the ticks should be Appear on the axis according to the user.For Eg:If USer will give 3 then our axis which is earlier from 10 to 100 now becomes 0,30,60,90 and for 4 will be given for ticks then only 4 would be shown on Axis. See image for more help.In other words u can say that the ticks and max ,min range must be independent? Plz Plz help me.

Regards
Pankaj Sardana
>Hi Vikas,

Thanks for the attachment.

1) It is possible to Change the Line color, and to set DashStyle like Dash, Dot etc using the ChartAxis.LineType property as given below.

Sample Code:
this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.ForeColor = Color.Blue;
this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.LineType.Width = 5;
this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.LineType.DashStyle = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.DashStyle.DashDot;

I have attached the sample that illustrates the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F74928/main.htm

2) Regarding Tick Position:

We regret to inform you that currently we do not have support for drawing Tick as inside or across the axis. However I have created a feature request in this regard and have forwarded to our Development Team We will get back to you regarding the Timeline for implementing this feature within a week.

3) Is it possible to increase the number of Ticks to 10 in between the interval 0 - 20.

Could you please provide more information on this requirement? Do you mean to increase the number of TickLabels in the axis?

Example: If you have Ticks from 0 to -110 with -10 as interval. Such that Ticks are drawn at 0,-10,-20, -30,-40,-50 and so on..till -110 ( To

Do you want to increase the number ticks to 20 with interval -5? Such that you have Ticks at 0,-5,-10,-15,-20,-
25.... -110?

4) Values are moved at the Top instead of as below as in first 2 Figure:

If your intention is to place the axis above the ChartPlotArea. It is possible to achieve that by setting the ChartAxis.Opposed property to true.

I have attached the sample illustrating the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F74928_1/main.htm

Please let me know if this meets your requirements.

I hope I have not misunderstood your requirements. If I have, please provide us with Some more additional information on your requirement? It would be more helpful if you could provide us with additional screen shots.

Regards,
Manohari.R

ImageTick_9308d007.zip

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team August 12, 2008 09:46 AM UTC

Hi Pankaj,

We regret very much for the delayed response. Currently we do not have support to customize Labels and Ticks as explained in the given screenshot. However I have created a feature request in this regard and forwarded this to our development team for more analysis. I will get back to you with time frame for this feature on or before 18th August, 2008.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon