We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Legend Long Text

Hello

the text im using in the legend(which is also the serieses names) is sometimes very long

i want to limit it to x chars and use tool tip
i want only x chars of the subject name to appear with "..." and when the user will stand on the subject name in the lgend he will see the full name

p.s
i dont want to use the column number option because i have many subjects (30 and more sometimes) and then i have many rows and the size of the graph becomes smaller

thank you

1 Reply

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team July 7, 2008 10:29 AM UTC

Hi Ravi,

We regret for the delay in updating you. It is possible to set the Text as "Ser..." when series name it very long using the Series.Text property as given below.

Example:

series.Text = series.Name.Substring(0, 5) + "..."; // to display first 5 characters of series Name

I have attached a sample that illustrates the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F74890/main.htm

But We regret to inform you that we do not have support for ToolTip for Legend.

I have created A feature request in this regard and have forwarded it to Our Development Team.I will get back to you regarding the timeline for implemting this feature with in a week.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon