We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

fancytooltip is not showing properly....

Hi friends...

i am using syncfusion charts to draw some data in from of line charts... i also want when we move mouse on to the line in linechart it must show the point values. i did that using fancytooltip but it is showing only the first point value nothing than that...

Could u plz tell me whats wrong with this.. the sample is attached.

thanks
Dalvir Singh

wrogeFancyToolTip_96fe648d.zip

9 Replies

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team June 30, 2008 08:41 AM UTC

Hi Dalvir,

Thanks for the Sample. I have tested this issue in version 5.2.0.25 and was able to reproduce the issue. However I am unable to reproduce the reported issue in our latest Source. But since I was able see another issue with FancyToolTip [ FancyToolTip is not displayed consistently when mouse is hovered over a particular point Symbol ], we have logged a defect report on that and have forwarded it to our Development Team. We will let you know once this issue is fixed So that you can upgrade to the fixed version for a completely working fancyToolTip.

You can track the progress of this bug fix in the following link.

Defect #10814 - Fancy ToolTip is not displayed at the correct position.

Kindly let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

ML Mia Lee April 23, 2009 01:27 PM UTC

I'm testing this out in version 7.1 am experiencing some odd behaviors. If you put your mouse over some of the points, the fancy tool tip will show, but on some other points:

1) the regular tooltip shows over selected
2) the fancy tooltip displays over another point

see example where I am pointing to the point "1738.05", but the fancy tool tip shows up on another point right below it.

I have tested this with setting the showtooltips on and off and still get the same behavior.

untitled_d79540e9.zip

MS Manimala S Syncfusion Team April 27, 2009 06:22 AM UTC

Hi Lee,

We can set dynamic values for the fancy tooltip.
We have a event called TextFormat() of ChartFancyToolTipController class within which we can set dynamic values for the Fancy Tooltip. But this is available in version 7.2.0.1. So, check out the sample and if it meets your requirement, Kindly download our latest version.

Here is a simple sample to display both the X and Y values in the fancy tooltip and as well as to display the normal default tooltip. Kindly, get the sample from the following location.

Sample

Kindly, let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Manimala.

ML Mia Lee September 15, 2009 05:15 PM UTC

Perfect! it works

ML Mia Lee September 15, 2009 05:51 PM UTC

Okay, I take it back. It doesn't work consistently. Look at attached. When I point to the dot (see red line), the normal tooltip comes up and display the "Y Value" = 145.348575326676.

The Fancy tool tip is pointed to another dot and not the one I am pointing to.

Is there a way to get the normal tool tip to show X and Y value? The fancy tool tip doesn't seem to work consistently.

I am using Syncfustion 7.303.01 with the example code listed in the above messages.

untitled_c485110d.zip

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team September 16, 2009 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Lee,

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Please use the below code snippet in your sample to get the X and Y valuses in ordinary tooltips.

ChartSeries series1=new ChartSeries();
series1.PointsToolTipFormat = "{2}";

series1.PrepareStyle += new ChartPrepareStyleInfoHandler(ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle);

protected void ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle(object sender, ChartPrepareStyleInfoEventArgs args)
{

ChartSeries series = sender as ChartSeries;
if (series != null)
{

// Customize here to display the different format.
args.Style.ToolTip = "X = " series.Points[args.Index].X + " Y = " + series.Points[args.Index].YValues[0];
args.Handled = true;
}
}

please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Venkat.

AL Aymiee Lee September 21, 2009 08:08 PM UTC

I had to convert to vb:
seriesBlack.PointsToolTipFormat = "{2}"

AddHandler seriesBlack.PrepareSeriesStyle, AddressOf ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle

Protected Sub ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As ChartPrepareStyleInfoEventArgs)
If seriesBlack IsNot Nothing Then
' Customize here to display the different format.
args.Style.ToolTip = "X = " & seriesBlack.Points(args.Index).X.ToString() & " Y = " & seriesBlack.Points(args.Index).YValues(0)
args.Handled = True

End If

End Sub

Still not displaying the Y value.. am I missing something?

AL Aymiee Lee September 21, 2009 08:30 PM UTC

I got it by doing this: seriesBlack.PointsToolTipFormat = "{3}" & "," & "{4}"

VV Venkata Vijayaraj B Syncfusion Team September 22, 2009 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Aymiee,

We are glad to hear that your problem has been resolved.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns in this regard.

Regards,
Venkat.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon