We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom Cell Buttons

Hello,

Right now I am working on a grid that has 4 different buttons. These buttons are distinctly different images with a normal state image and a mousedown image. I have looked at the various samples and it looks like if I want to use and image for a button, I have to create a renderer. Is there a simpler way of doing this? The way I am interpreting this is I have to create separate renderers for each of the 4 buttons. The way the renderer is currently created is not conducive to a factory pattern.

Any help I can get is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DVD

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 25, 2008 12:19 AM UTC

You can have a single CellModel/CellRenderer that can display differing bitmaps from cell to cell. You can pass in the bitmaps through the style.ChoiceList. Here is a little sample showing one way to do this.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/GC_Buttons_39fe7fce.zip

DD Dave Daniels June 25, 2008 05:20 PM UTC

Thanks Clay,

That was just the solution I was looking for.

Sincerely,
DVD

DD Dave Daniels August 13, 2008 02:32 PM UTC

Currently this is working great. Syncfusion is always helpful with your products now I need to take this to the next level.

Right now I have a custom cell buttons with 4 buttons each and all is working great. Now with those buttons within that custom cell with 4 buttons, I want to display a SuperToolTip on each individual button on hover. I have tried tapping in to the Draw override but that doesn't always fire on the HoverChange. I know there has to be a way to do this and I am trying to tap in to the HoverChanged event in the cell renderer but that is not working either.

I know there is something I can tap in to because I can see it change the hovering on each button.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DVD

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon