We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

dockingManager.HostForm - why no ControlContainer ?

hi, i would like to put my dockingpanels into a panel and the panel into a form. why does dockingManager only work with a form ? (just think of outlook and the dynamic tree) hEgerth

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 12, 2002 12:08 PM UTC

Hi, The reason for tying up the DockingManager with a Form was a result of opting for a design that would allow users to create a VS.NET type docking windows implementation with as little effort as possible. Making the design generic enough to be used in a ContainerControl would have required users to provide additional initialization code for issues such as persistence, toolbar interaction, MDIClient layout accomodations etc., Considering that the Form-based approach is the most commonly used one, we decided to make the design a form-centric one. I will go ahead and file a feature-request and, though a time-frame cannot be guaranteed, we will try to accomodate this request in a future release of Essential Tools. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon