We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Formating GroupCaptionCell

Syncfusion 6.1
VS 2005

I'm grouping by 3 columns, one is a string, another a date and another a number. I want to format the groupcaptioncells based on the type of data being displayed. For instance I want the date in the groupcaptioncell to be displayed in a certain format, same with number. Can this be done without using the QuerycellStyleInfo event and checking the value?

6 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team June 20, 2008 07:35 AM UTC

Hi Shek,

This can be achieved by using GroupByOptions.CaptionText property. Please refer the code:

gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["StringColumn"].GroupByOptions.CaptionText = "MyName";

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

AS Abhishek Shivalingaiah June 24, 2008 07:34 PM UTC

Jisha...I'm not sure I understand the soltuion you proposed. I'm trying to set the formatting on the groupcaptioncells, not the caption text.

Thanks

>Hi Shek,

This can be achieved by using GroupByOptions.CaptionText property. Please refer the code:

gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["StringColumn"].GroupByOptions.CaptionText = "MyName";

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jisha

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team June 25, 2008 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Shek,

Thank you for your update.

You can use Format property of GroupByAppearance.GroupCaptionCell to format the GroupCaptionCell.

Please refer the code:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Col3"].GroupByOptions.CaptionText = "{Category}";
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Col3"].GroupByAppearance.GroupCaptionCell.Format = "MMM";
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Col3"].GroupByAppearance.GroupCaptionCell.CellValueType = typeof(System.DateTime);

Regards,
Jisha

AS Abhishek Shivalingaiah June 27, 2008 01:51 PM UTC

Jisha..thanks for the response. I used the code piece you suggested, but still can't seem to format the date values in the groupcaptioncell. Attached is a sample.
Thanks

>Hi Shek,

You can use Format property of GroupByAppearance.GroupCaptionCell to format the GroupCaptionCell.

Please refer the code:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Col3"].GroupByOptions.CaptionText = "{Category}";
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Col3"].GroupByAppearance.GroupCaptionCell.Format = "MMM";
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Col3"].GroupByAppearance.GroupCaptionCell.CellValueType = typeof(System.DateTime);

Regards,
Jisha

DateGridGroupingTest_704d8739.zip

AS Abhishek Shivalingaiah July 2, 2008 11:01 PM UTC

Any word on this? Appreciate a response. Thanks

>Jisha..thanks for the response. I used the code piece you suggested, but still can't seem to format the date values in the groupcaptioncell. Attached is a sample.
Thanks

>Hi Shek,

Please refer the code:

Regards,
Jisha

DateGridGroupingTest_704d8739.zip

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team July 4, 2008 06:18 AM UTC

Hi Shek,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to the issue.

You can handle the QueryCellStyleInfo event to solve this. See the below code snippet for more details.

// In form load
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Criteria Value"].GroupByOptions.CaptionText = "{Category}";

this.gridGroupingControl1.QueryCellStyleInfo += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableCellStyleInfoEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo);

void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if (e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.GroupCaptionCell)
{
GridCaptionRow gcr = e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement as GridCaptionRow;

if (gcr.ParentGroup != null && gcr.ParentGroup.Category != null && gcr.ParentGroup.Name == "Criteria Value")
{
e.Style.CellValueType = typeof(System.DateTime);
e.Style.Format = "dd MM yyyy";
e.Style.Text = string.Format("{0}", e.Style.CellValue);
}
}
}

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon