We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Editing Chart by the user

Hello

How can i block the option of changing the chart proprties by the user
(when you right-click the mouse on the chart)?

Thank you

3 Replies

RS Ravit Shem-Tov June 18, 2008 07:52 AM UTC

More important is how to eliminate the user option to double-click the legend, because then the legend properies is opened and the user can change them.

>Hello

How can i block the option of changing the chart proprties by the user
(when you right-click the mouse on the chart)?

Thank you

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team June 18, 2008 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Ravi,

By default Chart will not provide any option ( or context Menu ) to change the properties of the chartControl.

Do you mean to disallow the Properties Editors which is displayed when double-clicking on the chart series as shown in the screen shot?

ScreenShot.png

Could you please provide us with more information on your requirement. So that it is helpful for us to provide you with the better solution at the earliest.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

MA Manohari Syncfusion Team June 18, 2008 01:43 PM UTC

Hi Ravi,

It is possible to prevent the dialogs being displayed when double-clicking on the ChartSeries by setting the AllowUserEditStyle Property to false.

Example:

this.chartControl1.AllowUserEditStyles = false; // SeriesStyle editor dialog will not be displayed when double-clicked on the Series in Chart.

Also it is possible to prevent the dialogs being displayed when double-clicking the chart legend by setting the ChartControl.legend.Style to ChartLegendStyle.Empty.

Example:

this.chartcontrol1.Legend.Style=ChartLegendStyle.Empty; // Nothing will be displayed when double-clicked on the legend. User can drag the legend.

I have attached the sample illustrating the same in this link below.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F74525/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any other queries. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon