We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

QTP 9.2 Not identifing the Grid objects

Hi,

I am using QTP 9.2 working on windows based application (.Net). Qtp is not identifing the grid controls. we tried installed Test studio and .net framework also. Kindly suggest how to proceed with this. We need to find the column header and the cell values which is in the grids(Sysfusion windows forms).

Thanks in Advance
Amala Gnanavalan

11 Replies

TK Thomas K Syncfusion Team June 17, 2008 04:28 AM UTC

Hi,

Can you please ensure the guidelines (troubleshooting tips) are followed as listed in the below link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/teststudio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=10

If the issue still exists, please give us more details on the issue with some sample scripts, the type of grid used and the version of Essential Studio and TestStudio installed.

Regards,
Thomas

>Hi,

I am using QTP 9.2 working on windows based application (.Net). Qtp is not identifing the grid controls. we tried installed Test studio and .net framework also. Kindly suggest how to proceed with this. We need to find the column header and the cell values which is in the grids(Sysfusion windows forms).

Thanks in Advance
Amala Gnanavalan

AM Amalagnanavalan June 17, 2008 01:30 PM UTC

Thomas,

Thanks for your reply,

We installed the sync Essential studio and Test Studio 6.3. And made the same setup(SwfConfig.xml & Dll paths) as mentioned in the link. But still QTP is not recognize the column header and cell values. Its only picking up the row and column count.

Sample script to identify the row and column count is
Row_Count=SwfWindow("Hedge Model System - QA").SwfObject("Report").Object.DataBoundGridModel.RowCount
Column_Count=SwfWindow("Hedge Model System - QA").SwfObject("Report").Object.DataBoundGridModel.ColCount

We also tried by installing the QTP . net patches also.

Also please find the screen shot of the application.

Thanks
Amala Gnanavalan.C

>Hi,

Can you please ensure the guidelines (troubleshooting tips) are followed as listed in the below link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/teststudio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=10

If the issue still exists, please give us more details on the issue with some sample scripts, the type of grid used and the version of Essential Studio and TestStudio installed.

Regards,
Thomas

>Hi,

Thanks in Advance
Amala Gnanavalan

HMS_ed4c6921.zip

AM Amalagnanavalan June 17, 2008 02:30 PM UTC

Hi Thomas,

We also tried to install the patches(QTP82Net2104) as mention in Essential Studio help(FQA). But we searched in HP support and fine that the patches was not there. Kindly suggest how to go further with this.

Thanks

Amala Gnanavalan

>Thomas,

Thanks for your reply,

We installed the sync Essential studio and Test Studio 6.3. And made the same setup(SwfConfig.xml & Dll paths) as mentioned in the link. But still QTP is not recognize the column header and cell values. Its only picking up the row and column count.

Sample script to identify the row and column count is
Row_Count=SwfWindow("Hedge Model System - QA").SwfObject("Report").Object.DataBoundGridModel.RowCount
Column_Count=SwfWindow("Hedge Model System - QA").SwfObject("Report").Object.DataBoundGridModel.ColCount

We also tried by installing the QTP . net patches also.

Also please find the screen shot of the application.

Thanks
Amala Gnanavalan.C

>Hi,

Regards,
Thomas

>Hi,

Thanks in Advance
Amala Gnanavalan

HMS_ed4c6921.zip

TK Thomas K Syncfusion Team June 30, 2008 08:56 AM UTC

Hi,

I see that the scripts used for getting the row and column count of the Databound grid should be changed. Please try the following script:
Row_Count=SwfWindow("Hedge Model System - QA").SwfObject("Report").GetRowCount()
Column_Count=SwfWindow("Hedge Model System - QA").SwfObject("Report").GetColCount()

You will not find these helper functions displayed in the intellisense of QTP. You can find the list of helper functions available for an control by refering the ClassReference.chm and the custom library source code of the control available in the installed location of QTP.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Thomas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2009 12:24 PM UTC

Hi,
i'm using this line of code to get the number of rows, but this is not working despite the Essential Studio & test Studio installed.

intRows = SwfWindow("Development(MLQA) - Default").SwfWindow("2t").SwfObject("hpSyncGrid1").GetRowCount()

I'm getting this message "This GetRowCount method is not supported by the object"

Moreover, this line is also not working-
SwfWindow("Development(MLQA) - Default").SwfWindow("2t").SwfObject("hpSyncGrid1").GetCellData(i,1) = strISIN

I'm getting this message "This GetCellData method is not supported by the object"

Please suggest.
Thanks

>Hi,

I see that the scripts used for getting the row and column count of the Databound grid should be changed. Please try the following script:
Row_Count=SwfWindow("Hedge Model System - QA").SwfObject("Report").GetRowCount()
Column_Count=SwfWindow("Hedge Model System - QA").SwfObject("Report").GetColCount()

You will not find these helper functions displayed in the intellisense of QTP. You can find the list of helper functions available for an control by refering the ClassReference.chm and the custom library source code of the control available in the installed location of QTP.

Regards,
Thomas

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team February 12, 2009 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Harsh,

The script code will have the reference of window where the corresponding window that holds the control as SwfWindow and the control to be in the SwfObject, Please try providing the current window and the control, to use the GetRowCount() method.
The GetCellData() method will return the value of the corresponding cell where we cannot assign the value to the cell using this method.
If you need to assign values in the cell, then please try using the method called SetCellData() as follows:

SwfWindow("Hedge Model System - QA").SwfObject("Report").SetCellData(i,2,strlSIN)

Regards,
Nirmal

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 8, 2009 08:51 PM UTC

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue while trying to record on application.

In detail --- We are trying to automate testing for our application which has syncfusion grid and developed in version v4.4.0.55.
I have installed QTP9.2 with .net add-in. I have downloaded and installed Essential Studio and test studio 7.2.0.20. But still QTP is struggling to identifying grid objects on the application. Instead of capturing a specific cell, it is taking the whole table grid and clicking on specific cell by co-ordinates.

Please find the attachment for a screenshot.

Is there any set-up missing for syncfusion essential teststudio?

Can anybody help me on this ?

Thanks
Debasis

QTP Records_9950d1ae.doc

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team June 9, 2009 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Debasis,

The Essential Test Studio will allow the QTP recognize our control, only when the control has been built with the same version of the installed Essential Test Studio custom assembly. It seems that you use the test studio of version that differs from the version of the control you used in the application. If you use the version of 4.4.0.55 to develop the application, then you have to use the same 4.4.0.55 version of Essetial Test Studio.

Regards,
Nirmal

SJ swapna jamalpur September 29, 2009 06:42 AM UTC

Hello,

I am working on automating .net framework application.having syncfusion and infragistics components.I have installed syncfusion essential test studio 7.1.0.30 .

I have configured the essential test studio in the qtp folder.but still qtp is unable to recognise the tables in the application.

also tried the following code:

Row_Count=SwfWindow("Simpliciti").SwfObject("Compact greeks").GetRowCount()

but the message "object doesnt support this method or property".

kindly advice.

SJ swapna jamalpur September 29, 2009 06:45 AM UTC

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team September 30, 2009 04:10 AM UTC

Hi Swapna,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The KB article link which you have specified has been relocated to different link due to the revamping of our website.
The link for this KB article is:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/1839/Syncfusion-controls-does-not-get-recognized-even-after-TestStudio-is-installed

Regards,
Nirmal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon